Group B Television Schedule

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by nordby1, Sep 14, 2003.

1. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    According to the "soccertv.com" website, all of the Group B matches will be televised:

Women's World Cup 2003 TV Schedule
    It looks like all of the Group B matches will be shown live except for France vs South Korea. Since Galavision is available at most of my local sports bars, if I can just find a place in southern California where I can watch the opening match of the World Cup between Norway and France on TeleFutura, then I'll be all set. :cool:

2. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Norwegian Television Coverage of VM '03

I thought I would mention too that all of Norway's World Cup matches will be shown live in Norway.

Dagsrevyen må vike for fotballjentene
    Maybe Bauser can help me out a bit here, but it looks there will be a one hour show previewing the Women's World Cup and the opening match between Norway and France, BUT you will need to change channels from NRK1 to NRK2 for the first 25 minutes of the actual match because the 6 PM time slot on NRK1 is ALWAYS reserved for "Barne-TV" (children's programming.) After "Barne-TV" is over NRK1 will show the rest of the match without any interruptions. The nightly news program "Dagsrevyen" will get moved because of Norway's World Cup match, but not children's television which is a sacred institution in Norway. ;)

3. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I'm all set!!!

I just got off of the phone with one of my Norwegian friends who has Directv and found out that she gets both TeleFutura and Galavision. :cool: She will be providing the coffee and all I have to do is bring bagels, cream cheese, Norwegian salmon, and a Spanish-English dictionary. :D

4. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Norwegians Are Watching the WWC

I just saw an article posted at the "fotball.no" site that said that Saturday's match had the highest television audience ever in Norway for a women's "fotball" match. Apparently an estimated 280,000 people watched the first half of the match on TV2 when normally during that Saturday evening time slot the channel would expect an audience of only in the range of 2,000 to 20,000. :cool:

Rekordinteresse for VM-fotball paa NRK

5. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    1.3 million Swedes saw their match vs USA. That is a massive number.

6. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Time Warner Cable

That is a very impressive number. I wonder if there were actually more people in Sweden watching the match than there were in the U.S.? I saw in another thread that the match wasn't even shown in the Portland area on ABC.

The U.S. - Sweden match was apparently shown in San Diego, but I wasn't watching it and I know that none of my neighbors who subscribe to Time Warner Cable were either since our cable service was out for the better part of a full day. :( Kind of ironic that I saw 2 1/2 matches on Spanish language channels on Saturday and the one match on Sunday that was on ABC, I missed it because of TWC. :rolleyes:

7. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    TV viewers scarce

According to USA Today there was in fact less than 1.3 million TV homes watching the match in the U.S.:
    Cupline: TV viewers scarce

8. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    Sat Sep 27 09:30AM Pacific
    Sat Sep 27 10:30AM Mountain
    Sat Sep 27 11:30AM Central
    Sat Sep 27 12:30PM Eastern
    Length: 2 hr 15 min LIVE
    Galavision (US)
    Women's World Cup 2003 - Group B
    Norway vs Republic of Korea
    Washington, DC

Sat Sep 27 09:30AM Pacific
    Sat Sep 27 10:30AM Mountain
    Sat Sep 27 11:30AM Central
    Sat Sep 27 12:30PM Eastern
    Length: 2 hr 15 min LIVE
    TeleFutura
    Women's World Cup 2003 - Group B
    France vs Brazil
    Foxboro, Massachusetts

France-Brazil are at RFK and Norway-Korea are at Foxboro.