Gridiron lines

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fanaddict, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they are going to have high school football games at TP then they should spend whatever it takes to cover up the gridiron lines. There is something to the fact you can overuse a stadium.More than gridiron lines I don't want to see the field torn up.

2. ryebreadraz

ryebreadraz Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually the Rose Bow no longer holds over 100,000. Renovations and the replacement of benches with seats has lowered capacity to roughly 94,000. The Coliseum holds roughly 92,000.

3. someguyinasuit

someguyinasuit New Member

Mar 19, 2007
    I feel the opposite. Saw plenty of Sting games at Comiskey,Wrigley and old Soldier Field (w/ astroturf Bears marked field). Those places were dumps even back then. I would take TP anyday of the week. I even do not mind the lacrosse markings and find it funny people get all upset at them being there and looking down their nose at Lacrosse.

BTW Watched the US/England Rugby game on verus yesterday.[/sarcasm] To my shock and horror there were faint soccer markings on the field.[/ end sarcasm].

4. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lacrosse at TP has been great! They play on Saturdays.

The lines on the field are'nt as bad as 'pointyball' lines, and I only had to sweep up broken glass twice this year at our Sunday tailgate.