Greek 2nd division playoffs?

Discussion in 'Greece & Cyprus' started by Mattbro, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Sorry to start a new thread on this. I couldn't see an existing thread to put this question in. Does anyone know what the deal is with the 2nd division playoffs for promotion? I've been trying to follow this at kicker.de, but so far there is no info on when the playoffs are supposed to start. Panetolikos Agrinio and PAS Ioannina went up automatically, while OFI, Trikala, Levadioakos and Doxa Dramas are going to fight it out for the third spot, right? But they start the playoffs with different point totals based on how they finished the regular season, correct?

I just can't seem to find any info on this, considering kicker isn't letting on and everything else is in Greek! Anyone know when the playoffs are supposed to start and what point totals the clubs will start with? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Sooo.... now there's a match-fixing scandal in Greece too? If Olympiakos Voulou gets punitively relegated, does that mean OFI goes up automatically as third-place finisher in the second division? Somebody... anybody?