Greediest CEO/Uncle Phil

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by UIC Fire Fan, Aug 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UIC Fire Fan

UIC Fire Fan New Member

Jun 11, 2001
    CNN has a listing of the top 25 greediest CEO based upon stock dealings. Guess who is number one? Uncle Phil. Clears up many of the questions I have had as to why the MLS is so second rate. www.fortune.com/insiders/execs.html

2. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Anschutz hadn't been so "greedy" with stocks, he wouldn't have the money to keep MLS going.
    Thank God for Phil's "greed."

3. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Castle Pines, CO (or often elsewhere on earth)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amen. Keep the money train a comin'.

4. jdm2662

jdm2662 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Hillside, IL
    If it weren't for Uncle Phil, the MLS would more than likely be dead. Keep up the good work!

And, isn't the sole purpose of the stock market is to make money?

5. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    pretty much.

UIC Fire Fan needs to stop hugging trees and wake up.

6. UIC Fire Fan

UIC Fire Fan New Member

Jun 11, 2001
    Making money is fine. Being the greediest often doesn't bode well for your company. Ask Lou Pai. Look at some of the companies up there and how many of them are having major difficulties and/or have been faced with scandal. Call me a skeptic, but I think having the "greediest CEO" as owner of your league and multiple teams not too healthy.

7. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Those rankings are based on stock sales alone. He sold big on Qwest and made some money, but I also know he hung on to a lot and lot a lot on that deal too. Are they taking into effect his losses as well? Up to 12 billion I hear.

There's another person on that list who did Qwest as well, is it, perhaps, because they might have brought a fledgling company up from the ground and then sold when the time was right to make a profit to continue to create yet more jobs in other industries to help America? Because that's what Phil does. He's not taking everything to Mexico or overseas, he keeps a lot of American workers working. Call it greed, call it selfishness, call it whatever, but Phil is not going to go Enron.

BTW, did they take his rampant Christianity into effect? That religion and moral structure that causes the charity backed by his family to give away more than $14m?
    I'm not saying that Phil is above reproach, but let's take everything into effect before going crazy with Fortune's tag of "greedy," he is a lot better (and a lot better off) than a great many people around today.

8. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing wrong with being greedy. The man is a smart businessman and entrepreneur. He sold stock for a substantial gain at the right time, we should all be so lucky. He also lost an extremely large amount as well. He built up a small company to a multi-billion dollar behemoth and made money on it, good for him. I am all for greed, it drives the world.

9. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Go Saudi Arabia!

10. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    With a name like Anschutz how can he be a WASP?

Go pound sand.

11. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Re: Nothing wrong with being greedy?

Good God, someone alert the FBI.

12. snowfx2

snowfx2 New Member

Jul 28, 2001
    so cal
    Didn't he donate around $50 million or so for a new hospital at U. of Colorado, and he didn't even want his name on it?

13. Stevedm

Stevedm Red Card

Jan 19, 2000
    Chicago
    You have no idea what your talking about. Go take some business classes you blithering Democrat :)

14. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    steve's out of the hospital