PBP: Greece vs Russia: June 16 - National Stadium Warsaw [R]

Discussion in 'Group A - Poland, Greece, Russia, Czech Republic' started by JaredSS07, Jun 15, 2012.

1. antreasM77

antreasM77 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Club:
    Panathinaikos Athens
    I cant understand all the haters here making ugly comments about GREECE...Whether you like it or not,GREECE WERE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS back on EURO 2004,and now GREECE QUALIFIED FOR QUARTER FINALS...

You say Greece was terrible at first 2 games,I say take a look on refs played Greece against Poland and Ch.Pep.

Anyways,WE ARE THERE ALREADY,bring it on Germany...Whatever happens this tournament is a success already.

RevvedUp10 and puyol repped this.
  2. Falcon_11

Falcon_11 Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Correction: They had the best players.

3. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As you were celebrating during the Euro 2000, when you played Romania after defeating Germany before...:D

Germany has rarely lost to Russia in the past, so I don't think you can call it a "lucky escape". The Russians had a great start against the Czechs, but barely managed to create any chances against Poland & Greece (despite their good & well-known technical style).

4. Tuco

Tuco Member

May 6, 2005
    Amsterdam
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Do remember that if we were going by merit, the seeded team was Russia.

You're right, if we're talking about yesterday's game: the better team on the pitch was Greece's. It's not for nothing, however, that most bookkeepers would still tip Russia as the favourite, should the match be replayed a number of times from now. They're not fans of the Russian NT, they just find that Russia has better odds of winning as it is, on the whole, the better team.

...for whatever that's worth. Greece is now through on head-to-head, so this discussion is, quite literally, yesterday's newspaper.

5. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, if you want to try and gloat about it. They had the best players. I'm neutral in this group so i doesn't even matter to me.

6. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What determines who goes through if they're tied on points? I saw that Russia had a better goal-differential.

7. thepremierleague

Mar 14, 2001
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Or how Bayern were celebrating playing Chelsea in the final and not Barcelona? :whistling:

But yeh, I'd much rather play Spain in the 1/4 finals :rolleyes:

If Germany were playing Spain next and England facing Greece, then let's see your tune.
    Seriously, I can smell the BS from here.

8. JS 12

JS 12 New Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    To answer you, Yank...
    I can't obviously take credit for this answer. Mojotzotzo has ya covered, though.

YankBastard repped this.
  9. federicobeatle

Jun 12, 2012
    England
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Got it, thanks

10. RobbyRobson

RobbyRobson Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    we never said we are not "grateful" of playing greece in the quarter finals.
    we just said we would have been the same grateful if we would play czech rep., poland or even russia.
    it's just not our "spirit" to always shit our pants like england if we are about to face a strong opponent. if so, we shouldnt even arrived to ukraine in the "group of death" with portugal, netherlands and a strong denmark. and now we have 9 points. we deserved it to play a lousy team in the quarters, because we already had our strong opponents.
    if we would always shit our pants we would NEVER had won 2 bronze medals and 1 silver medal in the last 6 years. this is something england could learn from us. always fighting! never say "damn we have no chance, time to go home". if we have to face italy/spain/france in semi final or final, bring it on!