Great work tonight SE & Barra

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by gocaps, Sep 14, 2003.

1. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    For the most part, the fan sections were fantastic tonight - loud and boisterous. It was quiet midway through the 2nd half, but other than that...it was like '97 and '98 all over again.

Now if we'll only stop doing "Hey hey hey goodbye" when we're only winning by one goal and there's 4 minutes of stoppage time, I'll be a happy man. That chant will bite us in the ass if we keep doing it under those circumstances.

Just not tonight :)

2. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    great effort by all fans last nite. i was great to look up and see the whole east side standing up from the nest/barra all the way to the wall at the end and there certainly was no "quiet side" by the end of the match!

there was a lot of up and down action which would sometimes take the momentum out of a song--everyone would suddenly stop to watch a breakaway--but that ain't really a bad thing.

i talked to several players after the match and they all said it was rockin--it is my understanding that petke bought several of those responsible a shot!

3. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Great job by all the jumping masses!

I hope the intensity continues through to the end of the season.

I know for a fact that the next home game is going to bring out the best of the fans at RFK.

4. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    A friend I brought to the game last night was quite impressed with La Norte. He kept sayin' "Security is throwing the streamers right back to 'em".

Well done.

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Great halftime Drum Circle. I guess security gave up on hassling us for that. Thank you CSC. My head hurts and I'm sore from all the slam dancing, but it's a good kinda sore. Bring on the Scum.....

6. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i only saw the match on tv but i did see a security guy actually toss a streamer up in the air. big arch over 120.

7. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Yeah.. that's worked out quite nicely. I don't think opposing keepers like it so much though.

Oh well...

Sachin

8. Two Beasleys

Two Beasleys BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 30, 2003
    Washington. DC
    La Norte is every keepers nightmare. The DCU interns and the security are really helping create that atmosphere.

We should strategically place a box full of the ultrafine confetti next to the visitors tunnel and 'accidentally' knock it over as they come back out for the second half. Can you imagin trying to play with that shiite all over you?

If not for a United match, then definitely for a WCQ. Goddam central american bastads will not escape punishment again.

9. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    We've done that. We nearly got arrested for it.

Sachin

10. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Can a person get arrested for drinking from a "urine bag"? --Nevermind it's a long story... :D

11. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Only if you steal the Budweiser from the vendor.

Sachin

12. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Imagine the cops hassling anyone involved with La Norte. Wouldn't that be a hoot!

13. Darth_Norteno

Darth_Norteno New Member

It was one of those Revolution pussies...either Heaps or that Aryan-looking freak, Franchino that yelled "Get them the F out of here!" I only wish they were coming back to taste the rain of vengeance from the Northside.

14. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    muahaha