Great News: Freydoon Zandi can play for Iran

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Mani, Nov 24, 2004.

1. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

Old maybe but useless i think not. He is still better than most of the defenders we have on TM.

have you even seen seen him play?
    riiiight. Estilli and Parvin just spoke about this last week, zandi had a ********ing year to make up his mind. Nazesho nabayd bekeshim ageh mikhad beyad beyad ageh nemikhad be darak his loss, it' not like we need him badly or anything, like i said we have enough good players in mid and attack what we need is defenders.

2. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Isn't kavianpour recovering as well.. before he got injured he was one of the best in mid.. so like tiger said we have a player traffic in midfield so instead of "nazkeshi" we should think of a way to build up a better defense line.. anyways the word is he is going to play for Iran’s next match so just need to wait and see how it goes.. if he can help us qualify fro WC06, I'll be more than happy to see him play but if his situation gonna cause distraction from the main problem (our defense) then I'm totally against him even coming to Iran.

3. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  4. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Zandi will play for Iran

[​IMG]

PFDC - TEHRAN, according to a very trustful source in Iran, we are glad to be the first media to announce that Fereydoon Zandi has accepted to play for Iran and will not only play in their game against Bahrain, but he has also shown interest to go all the way and play in all Iran's qualifying matches for the World Cup 2006 in Germany.

Branko Ivankovic who is the main source of this news, has said that Fereydoon Zandi has accepted to play for Iran with total satisfaction from his German mother and Iranian father. He has also shown interest to be fully considered as a Team Melli player and get the chance to play in all the qualifying matches before World Cup.

5. NoClue

NoClue New Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    it's now officially confirmed. zandi will play for Team Melli. thanks mani for updates.
    I can't believe some of you guys, how can you say that we don't need such a classy player like zandi?

benazar mioyad shoma bishtar ehsasi harf mizanid ta az rooye fekr. ma hata too khab ham nemitoonestim tasavor konim ke yek middfielder ba in classe jahany ro tooye team mellimoon dashte bashidm.
    anyway. good luck with zandi and team melli.

6. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    I have watched quite a few games with zandi and thus, thats how I came to think of him as 'damn good'
    A better question would be, if you saw the last game that pashazadeh played for Iran? If you did then I dont see why you would want him there...

Well you know its a tough decision and the likes of Estilli and Parvin arent helping the cause no matter how you look at it.
    Ghorboonet beram, nazesho nemikeshim, vali behesh ehtiyaj darim. Then again thats just my opinion. I think he can add depth and definateky make the team a whole lot stronger on many levels.

7. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Yes the golmohamadi that threw away the AFC penalty kick by trying to be cute and almost lost us the match against Qatar? surely we arent talking about the same man are we?

Well said

Well I luckily for us support isnt an eternal issue, and its not an all or none either. When he played well and contributed to our team, then ofcourse Id appreciate his presence, however when he starts being negative and a destructive force then... yes he makes me sick then.
    When he kicked out Abedzadeh and Daie out of SS... I didnt think that was very constructive but who cares, after all you wanna support someone to death due to something they did a long time ago, who am I to challenege your choices...

Actually Im not a red or a blue ( I dont follow the IPL that religiously) But I never questioned parvin's credits to our team melli, I just think that hes acting like a real Jack ass currently and I stand by my opinion.

8. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    My bad that SS, should be Perspolis.

9. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    dude.... we have world class players playing for our NT...I never said he is not a good player.. but everyone thinks with him in our team we would be unstoppable or all the problems are solved now that’s exactly what we don't need.. the games are just around the corner distractions from the main problems are not gonna help NT at all... but yeah he is playing for us so that’s all good...good luck to him and finger crossed for our NT.. hello Germany.

10. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

Ok I admit I haven't seen much of him, but if you guys say he is good then I respect your opinions :p wish him the best in TM.

P.S for those who have seen him play, is he better than nikbakht or navidkia?

11. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I was talking about when he left perspolis.. everyone was thinking that it’s the end for him.. but he came back and he was damn good for a quite sometime.. he sucks now? of course! Iran NT's defense sucks as a whole...

chakerim.. :D

again you didn't get my point.. Estilli had some personal issues with Abedzadeh and Daie, the result wasn't that good but it happened.. it could have been other way around but who cares.. we just wanna see soccer right?.. so what I am saying is Estilli as a successful player for perspolis and NT has the right to have an opinion and express it about NT.. now it could be right or wrong.. but I don't think a person will make someone sick because he has a wrong opinion about some stuff..
    That’s funny because parvin always supports the NT he always says that anything that will help NT he will do it regardless of its effects on perspolis.. one wrong call against Zandi and suddenly he is Mr.@$$hole... in dige ehsasi barkhord kardane...

12. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    If not better (which is what I claim) then certainly up to par.

13. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Actually here is how things work Kami jan,
    Once you have a NT, you should put your differences in opinion aside and support the team as a whole (or do you not agree with that?)
    We have a coach (1 coach) Brankovich, and he says we can use Zandi and we need him. This in turn would mean that he who is the coach sees Zandi as a good commodity for the team. Now Estilli and Parvin come out discrediting Zandi, thats not right, they dont make me sick because they dont share my opinion on Zandi, they make me sick because they are not suppose to go against our TM coach.
    Do you see what Im getting at?

14. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    My point exactly,
    Source

15. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
  16. Xevor

Xevor New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Holland
    Yes please. Meine Deutsch is nicht perfect :D

17. SherwinRazmy

SherwinRazmy New Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Ok I know Nikbaht is already our playmaker in the left, but isen't Afshin Borhani in the same position? If that is the case, then Zandi will add depth to our already tallented pool.

18. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    My English is not very good but I tried my best.
    Sorry that it's so late but I forgot about it.

He was born in Emden and played 5 times for the German U-21 side.
    In the Winter-break however Ferydoon Zandi, offensive midfielder from the 1.FC Kaiserlsautern decided to play for the Iranian National team.
    Here the 25 year old German- Iranian talks about his reasons.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Herr Zandi, did the Bundestrainer (Klinsmann) never call you at all?

Zandi: No. I never talked to Jürgen Klinsmann.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Is this the reason you decided in the winter-break to play for the Iranian NT?

Zandi: For me the question wasn't wheather I want to play for Germany OR Iran but rather if I even want to play for Iran.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: You already played 5 times for the German U-21 NT and had a strong first Bundesliga-half. Didn't you have confidence to be called up soon like your teammate Marco Engelhardt was?

Zandi: I think that Germany indeed has very good players that play my position. But maybe I would have gotten my chance under the new coach. But I didn't want to speculate on it.
    Up until 2 years ago I didn't even think about playing for the Iran. Therefore it was only normal for me to play for Germany's youth NTs.
    But then Iran enquired about me and I began to think about it.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: The DFB didn't call you no more?
    Zandi: They invited me to join the Team 2006 (it's like a B-NT with young players)
    But I declined that invitation as I declined all invitations to join the Iranian NT as well.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Why did you decline the Iranian invitations?

Zandi: My heart always wanted to play for the Iran. However I didn't know wheather it would be the right decision morally.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: 9 month ago you said:
    I don't think that I fit in there. Your opinion about that changed in the meantime?

Zandi: Yes. I used to have prejudices but now I know better. The Europeans don't see that things have changed in Iran and that people are able to live a normal life there too.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: How did you come to this realisation?

Zandi: Friends who grew up in Germany as well and visited Iran for a few weeks told me about their impressions.
    They told me how nice it is over there and that they like to visit time and again.
    Also my cousin who was born in Iran and lives in Germany now told my about his experiences. Even though freinds and family told me their opinions it was me who decided in the end. My family didn't put any pressure on me to play for Iran.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Have you ever been in Iran?

Zandi: Just once back when I was a small child but admittedly I can hardly remember anyhing about it. The majority of my family lives there though and some of them visit my parens 2 or 3 times a year.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: You were born in Emden and lived your whole life in Germany. Do you think that you have to radically adapt ?

Zandi: I don't really know what I have to take care of. It's pretty exciting but I'm looking forward to it.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Do you speak Persian?

Zandi: Yes. I'm not perfect but I'm able to have a conversation. Actually I'm only speaking Persian with my Dad only sometimes I use German. I can't read or write Persian though.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Are you a believer of the Shi'a Islam like 89% of all Iranians?

Zandi: No. I'm undenominational.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Do you think that could be a problem?

Zandi: No. I believe the Iranian soccer association knows about it. This has never been adressed.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Your fellow Bundesliga colleagues Mehdi Mahdavikia from Hamburger SV and Vahid Hashemian from Bayern München are stars in the Iranian NT. Have you spoken to them already?

Zandi: I don't really know them. I'm going to call Mehdi before I'll fly to Teheran on monday so that he can tell me how things work in the IranianNT.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: When the FC Bayern played Tel Aviv in the Champions League, Hashemian faked an injury because it's not allowed for Iranian players to compete against Israeli athletes. What would you do if you were in a situation like that?

Zandi: There are political things that you can argue about. But I don't really want to talk about it.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Iran could be the next target of the USA. Are you worried?

Zandi: Of corse I am. Everybody knows that that would be a catastrohe. But that's not important for my decision to play for this country.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: What did you feel when you watched Germany win against Iran in Teheran last autumn?

Zandi: It was a strange feeling. I wondered that I could have been a part of it. But back then I haven't had decided yet. I was very interested to see what the outcome would be. Even though the Germans were better the Iranians did well. That was allright.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Was that was crucial for your decision?

Zandi: Of course. The outlook is bright and there is a huge enthusiasm, everybody's heart is in it. It will be much fun to play there. Furthermore Iran has very good chances to qualify for the WC 2006. If everything goes as it should we will qualify. For a football players there is nothing greater than plaing in a WC.

19. SockersFC

SockersFC New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    USA
    Wow i had a feeling he thought some of these things.
    But hey we got him nice post though..

20. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Ferydoon Zandi traini with Iran NT in Bahrain!
    [​IMG]