Graille out?

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by fishbiproduct, May 2, 2005.

1. fishbiproduct

fishbiproduct New Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Pasadena Ca.
    According to L'Equipe, he is:
    http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/20050502_080730Dev.html

And from Eurosport:
    "PSG to show Graille the door:

Paris St Germain president Francis Graille will be dismissed by the club's board on Monday afternoon, according to newspaper reports. The reports in the sports daily L'Equipe and Le Parisien said Graille would be replaced by Pierre Blayau or Alexandre Bompard"
    http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s22/e6874/sport_lng0_spo22_evt6874_sto714078.shtml

That's what a lot of PSG fans were hoping for,
    am I right?

2. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Mmmh, that would explain his not so kind words concerning PSG fans yesterday in 'Stade 2', stating that he was happy to harbour rugby fans in the PdP rather than football fans...Which sounded a bit strange to me. I mean, he could have said he liked rugby fans without doing the comparison with the ones of his own club....

Funny to see how the public channels are getting 'beni oui oui' at everything...

3. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PSG president Graille is dismissed

4. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Mixed emotions, but overall delighted. I am happy to see the back of him, but then again he did alot for the club.

His tenure, in which he signed players like Ronaldinho to his vendetta against the fans when things weren't going well both on and off the pitch, outraged many, and I know alot of people will be happy to see the back of him.

It's what alot of fans wanted, and it looks as if it was only due to extreme pressure that he got his arse in gear and started to try and make amends.

But it was too late for me. I think with his comments mid-season and his some of his outrageous club policies, meant his time was up.

It was a case of when rather than if, the Canal+ directors were planning this for weeks. Let's just hope we can get someone in, to stabilize the club, so we can be freshly prepared for next season.

At last the Parc and the ultras can go back doing what they do best - making the PdP the best sporting arena in France. :cool:

5. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I knew Blayau sounded familiar, he's a former Rennes* prez...Bon courage les gars !

*BTW : Meheut, Canal+ CEO studied in the same High school as Le Lay (CEO of TF1), Lycée St-Vincent in Rennes...Talk about a Rennese mafia... :D

6. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From here:

7. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Odd. Le Guen's name crops up again...

He would be the ideal choice, as well as screwing Lyon over too.

8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Le Guen goes to PSG, Dechamps goes to Lyon, and Puel goes to Monaco. How about that scenario ?

9. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
  10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Why not ? If you were Dechamps wouldn't you rather go to Lyon instead of Manchester City or Valencia ? He's still a young manager he has plenty of time to go abroad. You think Puel would turn down the Monaco job ?

11. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Yes, he would.

I don't think he could forgive Monaco for how they treated him....

A former coach going back, and I mean he wasn't an amazing success at Monaco either. I doubt the fans would approve of the appointment.

12. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Well I would bet you all the money in my pocket right now that he would take the Monaco job if offered but you said I had none :-( When Prince Rainier died Puel had nothing but glowing things to say about him and expressed great adualtion and graditude. Monaco is a bigger club than Lille so he'd be stupid to turn it down. As for Monaco's fan's not wanting him back. What fans ? LOL. I'm sure they'd take him back after seeing what he did for Lille.

13. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    I think taking his comments after Prince Rainer's death shouldn't be taken as he is defintely wanting to go to Monaco.

He was merely being gratutious and respectful.

Trust me, its not about the fans, it's about the board of directors who sacked him. Resinging him, would make them look stupid - and they don't want to seem that they have to go crawlng back to man they sacked.

14. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Any change at the top is welcomed by me. Bring in a new attitude. I mean come on, this is PSG....like in Paris, 1 of the biggest and richest cities in Europe and they mediocre. The Luvre is run better than PSG!