Grady Little Fired

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Thomas A Fina, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ding Dong... etc.

3. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    In other news, a bear shat in the woods.

I'm surprised it took this long to happen.

4. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Today is the first business day after the World Series. Teams were instructed not to make any headlines until the WS was over.

5. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Hey Thomas, speaking of bad coaches--how'd Ty Willingham's boys do this weekend?

6. SJFC4ever

SJFC4ever New Member

May 12, 2000
    Edinburgh
    Heh, I bet the Red Sox were hoping for a Series sweep so they could get it over and done with ASAP.

The obvious decision. Sad, but it had to be done.

7. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    And yet the Reds decided to announce the hiring of O'Brien on the day before game six of the World Series.

I still can't believe they couldn't wait till today's press conference to tell the press about it.

8. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    Hm, what was I saying a couple weeks ago about how the Sox "only" have to go for one top tier Starting Pitcher to be very dangerous next year? I'm not liking the sound of this, if Gammons knows what he's talking about:

"If New England fans think that a new manager will be accompanied by a couple of big-name free agents, they will be disappointed. The Red Sox are committed to nearly $110 million in '04, so unless they can move salary or end up trading Nomar Garciaparra -- unlikely since the Padres have backed off -- they'll have to settle for a Tier II starting pitcher and subtle additions. There is no way they can take a plunge on Bartolo Colon (who reporterdly turned down a three-year, $35 million deal from the White Sox) or Andy Pettitte, so the best hope of improving their starting pitching may be signing Kelvim Escobar and moving Byung-Hyun Kim into the rotation."

9. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    If you ask me, that's the only way Kim can ever remain in Boston, as a starter. He has the arm to do it, but does he have the psyche to pitch in Boston?

Should this become the official off-season thread? Lots of people already filed for free agency: Javy Lopez, Benito Santiago, and I thought I heard Andy Pettite this morning too.

10. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Yea, the Marlins spent the most to win the world series.

11. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Now they place Manny on waivers!

Well, until the weekend passes he is yours for just over 100 million dollars for the next five years.

12. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    At least Manny will get it through his thick skull that he's overpaid and nobody wants him at this price.

13. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
  14. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Maybe a year or two ago. Not any more, I don't think.

15. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Grady Little is being looked at by the Baltimore Orioles.... perfect replacement for the departed Hargroves. Both were "nearly there" but couldn't finish it out...