Gracias ariel

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by RiverGaucho, Jan 6, 2011.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Today JJ told Ortega he wasn't going to be needed and that he wasn't going to accompany the team to mar del plata and that he has the freedom to join another club. I am crushed :(. I know this may be the right decision in the long run, but i so badly wanted him to retire where he belongs. So I just wanted to make this thread to say thanks and not discuss the negative things. He is my ultimate idolo in futbol. I have stacks of el grafico from when i was a kid mainly with him on the cover, he is the first player i ever idolized along with el enzo (i was born in 1987), but he is the only player from that era still with the clubs. i will alwyas remember the great goals, gambetas, but most importantly his love and passion for the club was equal to that of ours. Gracias ariel por todas las alegrias que me diste. sos eterno.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7Lr3yflQtM"]YouTube - River 4 - Chacarita 3 [Gol de Ortega] - Apertura 2009[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iirY1W3nNE&feature=related"]YouTube - Golazo de Ortega a San Lorenzo (Costa Febre )[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeaShxU1lpE"]YouTube - Gol de Ariel Ortega[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usw3pIyMTeM&feature=related"]YouTube - Ortega a Boca (Apertura 1994)[/ame]

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ortega was a great player who played the beautiful game with the emphasis on beautiful. Even as a rival fan I appreciated his game, and if indeed this is the end, it's a sad day for futbol.

As a human being, I hope he gets all the help that he needs.

3. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Well said amigo.
    El Burrito is a legend with all Millionarios one of the greats a true crack.The Libertadores and Apertura in 96 saw him without doubt in that moment the best player in the World.Who can forget that glorious team with el Burrito,Enzo,Crespo,Sorin,La Bruja Berti,Gallardo etc.In a moment when our futbol was the best.But then the problems began to appear his failure to settle in Valencia when he had the World at his feet in France 98 but enough of that.
    Ariel is a man with an addiction and we have indulged him in River,hinchas,tecnicos,dirigentes.He has to admit he has a problem before he leaves futbol completely otherwise it will be very very sad.He can go to Ramon although I hope he goes to Chile but he has never done it outside of Argentina.
    Gracias Burrito por las grandes momentos pero por favor tienes que recognizar su problema

4. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    you're right all of the fans/teammates/coaches/dirigentes are somewhat to blame. he should have gone to the middle east and gotten filthy rich in 2008 rather than going to independiente rivadavia. much like buonanotte needs a change of scenery for his depression, ariel has needed one for a while too.

although i slightly disagree i think the height of ortega's career was 2000-2002. the 4 fantasticos (ortega, aimar, saviola, angel) is the most entertaining team i've ever seen and they didn't even win anything.

either way its a sad day, i'm just greatful to have seen him play, and i hope for the best, i just hope it is NOT in san descenso

5. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Maybe he could their now it certainly would be the right environment for him.Or then again maybe it wouldnt denial is going to get him nowhere.Its very sad He gave us such pleasure over agreat number of years but for Rivers sake JJ and Passarella are right.

6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Un idolo. Una lastima que haya terminado todo asi.

I would have liked to see him play one last super vs. Boca in Mardel, and then let him go. I know for many of us the image of him is no longer the best, but we must remember all the positives he gave us (which heavily outweigh the current negatives). Un verdadero grande el burrito.

7. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    In 1994 at the World Cup here in the USA, I watched Argentina play Romania in the 2nd Round. Due to Maradona's drug suspension, one Ariel Arnaldo Ortega was given the starting role on the field at the Rose Bowl. I was amazed that a 20 year old, and the youngest player in Argentina's starting 11, was on the field. Even though Argentina lost 3-2, his play and composure on the ball intrigued me. Since that day(July 3rd, 1994), I started following, and even became a supporter of Club Atletico River Plate. This was solely due to him. Thanks "El Burrito" for introducing me to this great club and supporters. Your "golazos" will always be remembered.

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It looks like his future will be in either All Boys or Newell's, though there are several other clubs interested in his services.

9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina