got some money now

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by MLS SupaStr3, Nov 28, 2004.

1. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    ok so i got $1.4 mil in the bank right now and im ready to spend it. my offense needs some upgrading and i was thinking about maybe a formibable foward? would i be better off geting a good foward with good secondaries or with ok secondaries and an excellent winger?(my other winger is old and needs to be replaced)

2. Lone Star

Lone Star Member

Aug 21, 1999
    Pizza Hut Park
    Do forwards even need any secondaries? I've always just focused on scoring.

3. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Maybe passing and set pieces?

4. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Passing helps the central attack rating, although it seems to have an outsized effect on transfer prices.

5. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a Formidable forward with no passing secondaries is gonna get you 3.5 stars.

I would go for an excellent forward with like passable passing and weak experience.

More bang for your buck. Allthough if you want to spend all of that 1.4 million you can afford a formidable with some passing probably. I just sold an outstanding with poor passing for 1.3 million.

you should have bought him!

anyways, the trick is combining scoring with passing and experience. if you can find a good balance in those three things you'll get a better player than one with just great scoring.

6. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I'm also a forward trainer and no doubt the passing craze has overblown forward prices...but you can do very well with a formidable with say inad passing...

it depends if you have an offensive IM to generate scoring chances in which case passing is less important among forwards. Certainly look for a forward with a bit of experience as well...

7. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    that excellent scoring/ passable passing looks pretty attractive, i may go for that since my central attack is my weakest point right now. thanks guys