GOP Failure Watch Part VI (Majority in House Edition) The Insurrection Caucus Sh*tshow.

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Cascarino's Pizzeria, Jan 7, 2023.

1. NorcalHockeyhooligan

Feb 25, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m really confused…why would Hunter Biden give testimony behind closed doors??? He, his lawyers, Democrats all know Republicans will lie, lie, lie about what transpired. So why would Hunter do this? Help me understand, please.

bigredfutbol and Deadtigers repped this.
  2. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    The thing about Hunter is that he appears to understand that his role is the lightning rod. If the dumbshits are busy attacking him, then those same dumbshits aren't attacking his pop.

3. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Maybe he was wearing a wire to record everything.

Deadtigers repped this.
  4. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Cascarino's Pizzeria BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    The Mitch Court struck again tonight

Mike03 and Deadtigers repped this.
  5. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to mention, his lawyers have been on top of the game from the start, and have won nearly every round.

6. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Next time, @ me bro!! I said that. I said it because of stuff like this
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...-representative-alleged-sexual-cond-rcna83343
    https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...epares-jeremy-durham-expulsion-vote/90127546/

Why don't you do what you are suppose to do and present facts to dismiss my point. Rather than claim due to GOP being lying assholes, this guy is likely a lying asshole.

7. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV

My "I am only an honorary KKK member" T-shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my T-shirt.

charlie15, rslfanboy, spejic and 6 others repped this.
  8. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Oh well then, honorary makes it OK. I feel much better about him as a potential governor.

Q*bert Jones III and Belgian guy repped this.
  9. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the Rosendale thing, saying "that is 100% false and my lawyers are going to do something" is what an innocent person might say, but it's also what a guilty person might say, especially if that guilty person is a Republican.

Since this news came out 2-3 days ago, I've been watching for updates - I think it's a high enough profile case that if any of these things happened, it would be reported in the news if you search for the names "Rosendale" or "Heitkamp".
    * Heitkamp walks back her statement
    * Heitkamp makes a public apology
    * Rosendale files a lawsuit

So far, none of those things have happened - or if they have, they haven't been reported on. I don't know what the expected timeframe is - Rosendale said "she'll be hearing from my lawyers shortly" - maybe two days isn't long enough, but how long is "shortly" - a week? At what point can we assume that Rosendale was just barking and can't bite because he's got no teeth?

Deadtigers repped this.
  10. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    House passes CR:

11. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  12. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Not really sure where this would be most appropriate, my mom was telling me about it today. Former Rep Jim McDermott of Washington state has moved out of the country and encourages his friends to be prepared to do the same if Trump wins.

soccernutter and Deadtigers repped this.
  13. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    We saw this the past 2 elections. For the vast majority of ppl its not really an option.

14. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You see, he can't do that. Because deep down he knows. He knows deep down if he sees something gay --- like watching "Brokeback Mountain" then there is a better than even chance he'll go full homo. It's just the way it is.

15. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France

McDermott's warning has been helpful to me. Two of my siblings moved last year (one to France, one to Costa Rica), and my other sibling and I are getting plans in place to leave if the orange idiot wins. The big obstacle has been our mom, who ironically is not a US citizen. She understandably doesn't want to leave because my dad is buried near where she lives in Santa Fe. She has downplayed our warnings, but having someone like McDermott, who she respects from when she lived in Washington state, say this is helping her reconsider.

16. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jean Carroll was not a public figure until she sued Trump.

17. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France

I had to laugh at all the straight guys who fled the theater when Jake and Heath kissed in Brokeback. I couldn't help but think "good lord, do you know how many times I have watched heterosexuals kiss and I never felt the need to flee a movie for which I had paid to watch?" It's so ridiculous how terrified some straight guys are of fictional gay scenarios. But yeah, I do wonder how many of those panicked straight guys were maybe scared they would get an erection if they stayed - and it's not like Boebert was there to give them a hand.

fatbastard, roadkit and xtomx repped this.
  18. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    In the unfortunate event the Orange Blob cheats enough to win again, we know who can "pass" and be safe. Me, for instance. But we also know who will not be safe. And we have to stand by those people. No way in hell I'll let these redneck bastards let us sink further down the Trumphole.

soccernutter, Mike03, Deadtigers and 4 others repped this.
  19. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Most of my family would not be safe. The orange idiot last time declared France a terrorist country - so that's mom in potential difficulty; one sister is in an interracial marriage to a black man (they now live in France); my brother and I are gay (brother and his husband now live in Costa Rica). Basically the only one who is relatively safe is my other sister, but she absolutely does not want to live in Trumpland.

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  20. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    But you were!!! :whistling:

21. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    I'm too old to run.

Deadtigers and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  22. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    But I was with a straight woman and her two daughters, so that would have been a bit awkward. Besides, we were all too busy laughing at the straight guys.

rslfanboy repped this.
  23. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I'm in this school. There is nowhere in the world where Putinism is not a threat and if all you do is run you might find out there are no more places to run to. I'm going to make my stand here. That's the lesson of Mad Max Fury Road and as all you know I get all my philosophy from popular science fiction.

yossarian, ElNaranja, NORML and 8 others repped this.
  24. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    That AND JCVD movies, right?

Timecop
    Universal Soldier

(I never saw replicant)

25. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France

I hope your name is Ripley then, because everyone else dies when they take a stand!

Pønch and soccernutter repped this.