GOP Failure Watch Part VI (Majority in House Edition) The Insurrection Caucus Sh*tshow.

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Cascarino's Pizzeria, Jan 7, 2023.

1. superdave

superdave BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sadly this isn’t going to happen. McCarhty just announced he’s not running again.

2. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Honestly….you’re being as dumb as a can opener here.

With the Dem votes plus however many republicans you got to vote for the Dem preferred GOP candidate.

3. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    So when the continuing resolution to keep the United States of America solvent is up in a month and half, I think we can all assume that whoever is speaker will absolutely positively crash the government rather than make a compromise with anybody. That's a given, right?

I would sell all my US bonds right now if I had any.

4. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It seems apt that at this very moment I'm crossing the border into Seattle. Should I be worried?

xtomx, rslfanboy, roby and 2 others repped this.
  5. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    I took it for pointing out that deals McCarthy agrees to seem to have a half-life measured in days not weeks. No matter who they're with.

Which seems to me to deal with what he wrote...

6. superdave

superdave BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    <sigh>
    How does the minority “get” them to do anything?

Speaking of cans, you’re just kicking this one down the road. You eventually get to the point where you realize that the Republicans have the power.

charlie15 repped this.
  7. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this has more to do with the gag order than the current brawl going on in the House amongst the Republicans.

8. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    You Nothing offer reminds of the you get nothing gif with Gene Wilder!

9. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some commas, a period or two. Perhaps an exclamation point. That's mostly what I got out of that. Oh, and something about witches.

Why would the Dems, as a caucus, work to get a Republicans speaker elected? Shouldn't the Republicans be coming to the Dems and ask them to vote Republican?

Deadtigers, Sounders78 and charlie15 repped this.
  10. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hopefully there is a lesson there for other politicians who still support Trump because they think that they can count on Trump’s support. If you can't bring yourself to oppose Trump for moral reasons, at least you should oppose him because he and his minions will turn on you the moment they don’t find use for you anymore.

Funkfoot, bigredfutbol and Deadtigers repped this.
  11. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    This. I still don't understand how the party in the minority can be blamed for not imposing its will on the majority.

The Dems could have proposed a thousand different deals to help Kev. Hell, for all I know they might have done so behind the scenes. But you can't make a deal if there's no buyer for what you're selling.

12. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3962 charlie15, Oct 3, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2023
    An other clownish and dickish move while Nancy P is in SF to attend Di Fi funerals!.....And some are arguing one could do a deal with those massive piles of manure! SMH...

“As one of his first acts as the acting speaker, Rep. Patrick McHenry ordered former Speaker Nancy Pelosi to vacate her Capitol hideaway office by Wednesday,” Politicoreports.

13. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    1709282805656809500 is not a valid tweet id

14. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A few House GOPers have posted on Twitter they will nominate TFG. Go for it....Keep the circus going!

Deadtigers and Chesco United repped this.
  15. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From my understanding, he lives in Florida now...lol

Deadtigers repped this.
  16. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #3966 Sounders78, Oct 3, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2023
    Ok, I'll share what I was thinking.(edit: just to be clear, superdave's comment wasn't directed at me, but at the tweet of McHenry banging his gavel).

I was listening to the speeches without actually watching - it was background noise. Then I heard someone speaking and I thought, "who's the gay guy?" I looked at the screen, saw the bow-tie and saw Patrick McHenry's name underneath. He's wearing a wedding ring, but my gaydar is usually quite good.

InTheSun, xtomx, rslfanboy and 5 others repped this.
  17. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    So, now we need a new speaker of the house.
    One name that came up was Gym Jordan’s. Oh my, they, the GOP are that disfunctional that they would think that is a good idea.

I don’t keep mine in a bag, I keep have a shelf with about a dozen, claw, pien, bronze, lump, sledge, pin, framing Hammers. All smarter than Gym.

In lieu of that “just imagine,” if you can. Biden boards Airforce one, flying on Presidential business.
    Kamala Harris has to fly across country to a meeting.

“Then just image” that Vladmir Putin has found out and ordered hits on those planes. (It isn’t hard to do) I know he would never ever even think of that, it’s just not in his nature but the two planes go down.

Just guess who your next President would be.

Deadtigers repped this.
  18. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The post emphasized how ridiculous it was to act to save McCarthy speakership when he's been so disingenuous. The implication is that the intent was to save McCarthy's speakership.

19. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a quote from The Godfather Part 2.

soccernutter repped this.
  20. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi, Supernintendo Chalmers!

ElNaranja repped this.
  21. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Turn back you fool!!! :eek:

Sounders78 repped this.
  23. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    In retrospect…you guys were right and I am wrong. The Dems shouldn’t have sought a moderate Republican interested in actually governing back in January…and shouldn’t do it now.they should double down so we get more of this kind of shit.

Cause this is funny. Haha and stuff. Can’t wait for more

Chesco United repped this.
  24. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to be clear, and speaking for myself here, I don’t like this situation. It’s not funny or entertaining. At best it’s an international embarrassment. But more honestly, it’s tragic and dangerous. And it’s been a very long time coming.

So, no, while I’m drawn to the news, I’m not kicking back with the popcorn. I just don’t believe the Democrats can act like the cavalry and just swoop in and save the day. The GOP has done this to itself in a process that’s played out over a few decades, at least. America has done it to itself by voting, repeatedly, to put legislative terrorists like this in Congress.

The GOP and a big chunk of the country has made this mess. Cleaning it up isn’t going to be a quick, easy or a guaranteed task. I honestly don’t see how the modern GOP can continue to exist as a viable leading party in an America that retains its commitment to democracy.

Funkfoot, Mike03, charlie15 and 6 others repped this.
  25. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More? Like Trump as Speaker?