Goodbye Weird Beard, Sorry it didn’t work out

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by BridgeMonkee, Jun 28, 2005.

1. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    <o =""></o>Mateja Kezman in <st1:country-region w:st="on">Spain</st1:country-region> to hold transfer talks with Atletico <st1:state w:st="on"><st1 ="">Madrid</st1></st1:state>. Looks like he’s on his way to <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1 ="">Spain</st1></st1:country-region>. Shame it didn’t work out for him. He was supposed to be the bargain of the year. A goal scorer equal in potential to RVN. He clobbered that b’stard Dacourt in the <st1:city w:st="on"><st1 ="">Roma</st1></st1:city> friendly and we will always appreciate him for that :). He was committed to the team, but he just didn’t have the pace and/or the strength to make it in the prem. With more time on the ball, he’ll do well in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1 ="">Spain</st1></st1:country-region> I think.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/4630923.stm

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=287944&cpid=23&CLID=8&lid=&title=KEZMAN+AGREEMENT+CLOSE&channel=premiership

2. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've said all I need to say about this one - I wonder, was Atletico listed among the 10 clubs that wanted him? :rolleyes:

Don't let the door hit you on the arse, Kezza. :cool:

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    :eek: Who are you and what did you do with CFCinDC?

P.S. Sayanara monkey boy. You had your chances and you didn't capitalize on them. I know it wasn't much time that you had to impress Jose, but at Chelsea, it's survival of the fittest, and apparently, your species has gone extinct.

4. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hell hath no fury like a Chelsea chick scorned. ;)

5. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Extinct? Hmmm, maybe he'll be like the coelacanth.

....or in football terms....Forlan.

6. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    A pity really.
    I was excited when we signed him, thought he was the real deal in the tour games, then.......

I still think he should have waited at least one more year before effing off.

7. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    'to all the boys i've loved before...':D

8. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    hmmmm... if he can be as good as Forlan was this past year, I'll put up his avatar for a month.

9. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  10. icecoolguy22

icecoolguy22 New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    That's 2 strikers we have sold already,all we need is the big gun to arrive now .

To be fair to him, the current formation doesnt suit his style, he would be more effective playing behind another striker. However he had his chances and didnt take them :eek:

11. Portugeezer!

Portugeezer! Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Raynham, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I felt the same way. He showed talent and promise. Then he smacked Dacourt upside his skull for his cheap shot on Robben. :p
    Got red carded and missed the last game of the tour. I wonder if his losing his cool changed Jose's opinion of him? He had only 3 starts in the first 10 games after that.

I can see him pulling a Forlan.

12. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    kezman:chelsea didnt believe in me......

anyway kezmans history,which like that article points out leaves us only with two senior strikers at the bridge now eidur and drogba....we really...really gotta sign someone or two very soon seriously.

13. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, I hate to say it... well, no, OK. I love to say it, don't I, but... the Prem is sometimes just too different to other leagues. Not necessarily better, y'know, that's another matter altogether.

Just, er, different.

As you say, the lad Forlan couldn't hit the side of barn over here and then turns into wonder-boy when he goes abroad.

14. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    kezman completes move.

done deal.and considering what he did for us not a bad bit of business makeing .3 of a mill on what we paid for him.

15. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Given the boy's spirit and spunk, now that it is official, I was going to give a long tearful moving farewell but, like Parker before him, now I have to say:

Good riddence, ******** off, don't let the Shed door hit you on the way out.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com...man+completes+Madrid+move&channel=premiership

"The forward fired a parting shot as he claimed that Atletico would prove to be a more prestigious outfit than Roman Abramovich's side, whilst Chelsea would regret not utilising him more frequently.

"I'm happy to have come to a club that was once bigger than Chelsea and that will be bigger than them again in the future," said Kezman.

"It's a pity for Chelsea that I didn't get the chance to play and that's why I decided to move."

CFCinDC you really must take more care in picking out simien lovers, though to your credit you came to your senses and threw him out first.

16. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    someone please slap him.

17. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    ahh well a few sour grapes from kezman was to be expected i suppose,still though he did score the winning goal in the carling cup final and picked up a championship medal to boot,along with no doubt a massive increase in his bank balance,which isnt bad from only 25 apperances,ungratefull little tosser.....

18. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    What a bitter little bastard.
    Hope he misses the season with injury.

19. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    *curtseys*

That's usually how it works for me. ;)

I'd like to echo Clan's statements, and expand that to include a bitter divorce and being dropped by the Serbia&Montenegro national team.

What a bastard.

20. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Oi, and I thought I was harsh and unforgiving, making mental note to always speak highly about the wise and beautiful CFCinDC, and the wise and, well old, Clan. :D

21. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    like they say, "Age before beauty." ;)

22. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    *Growls.

*Mumbles and mutters under breath.

23. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Goodbye Weird Beard, Sorry it didn’t work out

Can I just say that the title of this thread exhibits an incredibly beardist attitude in my opinion.

24. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Goodbye Weird Beard, Sorry it didn’t work out

Understand your point of view lobo, old mate, but I think the difference is that Kezman probably WAS given a reasonable oportunity whereas it could be said that Parker maybe wasn't. I know Parker was crocked for quite a while but he didn't have much of a shout when he was OK towards the beginning of the season.

25. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I was really referring to Parker's exit comments and the statements and inferences it left about his attitude last year, as I think both Parker and Kez gave a good effort on the pitch for us, just the wrong league for Kez.

I agree Parker did not seem to be given a fair shout to earn a place early but right before the injury it looked like he was being given a chance finally and JM said he wanted him to stay or be loaned, just was not going to guarantee him a starting role.

Prior to his exit I was really wanting Parker to stay and then wishing him well as he left but then he went and had to shoot off his mouth in a classless manner. Should fit right in to Newcastle then :D. I think he will have a good career as a barcode but don't see him ever breaking into a first spot on England.