Good News for Those Who Didn't Want FIGO!

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by NYCgeezer, Jul 7, 2005.

1. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    I bet this is why Gerrard decided to stay......

Fvckin Scousers.... They'll still finish no higher than 5.... :D

2. NYCgeezer

NYCgeezer New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    New York City
    If Gerrard stayed at Anfield because a middle-aged has-been with an ego the size of the hindenberg was on his way, then he isn't as clever as I once thought. I'm looking forward to hundreds of mile wide Figo blasts into the stands.

3. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

He decide to stay at Anfield how clever can he be....... ;)

4. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any potential move for Figo was as good as dead after not only signing Park but also since we've all but decided to bring back Richardson. Figo might've been nice to see, but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

5. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    that mirrors my feelings... though, if they can get something out of Kewell, Risse and Zenden on the LW they will have Figo to offer width on the right and that only makes them a more complete team... thank goodness they dont have another good young spritely RW cuz coming on after Figo after 70mins such a player could make a big impact...

All in all Benitez has done a lot in a short time... it remains to be seen the impact the new acquisitions will have, but he's gone in a good direction thus far... not sure how well he will do in the prem, but the team will fare well in Europe again I'm sure.

6. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    signing figo would be pointless.
    1- We got Park, who is a younger winger who has a bright future
    2-Giggs still has a year (or two) on his contract.
    3-Fletcher would get almost no first team action, which wouldnt be good for his future
    4-Figo is old

7. robby241

robby241 New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    US
    figo will be of no help to liverpool. they will still suck this year. and he will play like ******** and end his career on an ultimate low.

8. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not so fast! Apparently Rafa Benitez isn't willing to shell out in order to add Figo to his lineup of world-class talent including the likes of Steven Gerrard, and, um, er... yeah. Besides, the tin pot sweepstakes reward only goes so far, and Rafa has to make sure he has enough leftover to spend on all those Spanish players with their... flair. Oh and that Peter Crouch as well.

Link

9. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Yeah Crouch would look good in Red.......

[​IMG]

:D

10. robby241

robby241 New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    US

nicely done.