Good Job DC Fans.

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by wgoood2, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally i fecking love it when its packed in and tight in a section. But the reason it was so overcrowded wasn't because there was GA seating, its because there wasn't enough GA areas.

Supporters want to set themselves up to be together and unified so they can do the songs, etc. and move around to do things. What was likely happening is that different brigades were stretched all over the place and they naturally just wanted to gravitate together with the rest of the hard core support.

Like i said before, USSF's decision to eliminate GA and restrict GA for supporters, while seeming logical and simple to them, is just gonna cause a shit ton of more problems going forward.

Personally I just go where ever I can find a spot to stand at US games and never really care if my ticket says row 1 or row 20. If I'm late coming in and my friends failed to hold a space for me I would just locate an area I can stand in and go from there.

2. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was probably my GF, and if you call that "physical force" you must be the biggest vagina in your town. You were being a dick, she told you that you were being a dick. I fail to see the problem. Don't be a dick and you'll have less trouble.

yeah, the dude is ********ing delusional.
    Easily the rudest fans I've run into at RFK (including the El Salvadorans in the bad years), not very patriotic, they couldn't even sing worth a shit.

Dammit, I started this morning in a good mood (I obviously was not in one yesterday :))

3. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's exactly what you should do, in the section printed on the ticket. That's what I do at Foxboro, Soldier Field, etc when we attend USA games there.

In the case of DC, I stick with my reserved front-row seat because I don't get into the games until after kickoff because we're working the tailgate and don't feel like standing in the back at my own house :) And my GF is short.
    When I'm visiting your houses I have the luxury of choosing whether to go in late or early and get a good seat in the supporters' section(s).

4. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    Barra Brava is bringing a group to KC for the last match. feel free to come and grab my collar

5. TommyCarcetti

TommyCarcetti Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    really, its USSF's fault now? how many home matches have you been to this cycle?

6. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well being "together and singing songs" doesn't require every one to be in the first row. These complainers weren't gathering around the supporters to sing they were pushing to stand in the front row. If they wanted to stand and sing with the "supporters" they would have been over in 134. As you say in your last paragraph the location shouldn't mean all that much if you can see and sing.

Oh and just as a point of emphasis I resent like hell the implication that people not in the AO and SA sections aren't "supporters". I think you mean "members of organized support groups".

Now I stand and sing and travel for my club and country. When I buy a ticket from AO or SA I know I have to get in early and get a spot. As I posted I did get to the assigned seat I bought in what was descibed to me, at point of sale, and on the ticket as a fully ticketed reserved seating or standing section an hour before kickoff. So I wasn't late coming in.

But "friends" holding a place for 10 or so loudmouths who arrive late?? I don't think thats what you are advocating, are you?

By the way as FB points out these people only knew one song the easy "USA ain't nothing to ******** with" which they probably learned in the parking lot at the tailgate. With one exception they were not knowledgable about football or the USMNT. One guy asked why Jay Demerit was playing and pointed at Michael Bradley, so we are not talking hard core anything here.

7. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Having been to Germany 06 among other USMNT events, I can safely say that 99% of USMNT supporters are the most self aggrandizing d-bags in the western hemisphere. It's a shame because the other 1% are pretty fun to hang out with.

8. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, when I told the US Soccer fan liaison in my conversation that separating the SE and BB was a bad idea she told me I had to concede that US Soccer needed to be able to seat their supporters (hello dear, I'm not standing here dressed like the 4th of July because I'm supporting Costa Rica!!) :rolleyes::rolleyes:

If they had put the GA AO/SA sections all at one end instead of in between SE and BB (and then put the usual security/ushers around us) there would have been a lot less problems. OR, if US Soccer had said all of the 100 level was going to be GA SEs would have told our people to get their butts in early (again, USS failed to communicate). They really have no clue what the hell they're doing re these sections.

I've done SA/AO GA in other stadiums, like for Chi I just stood at the back and was able to see by standing on the chair but I wasn't blocking anyone behind me. That was a mess as they allowed the 200 level tix people also come down so it was over packed. One of these days there will be an accident but maybe that's what needs to happen so US Soccer gets their act together on this.

K

9. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Security really does need to do better. As soon as security walked away, 232 emptied into 133 and 134, yet was magically filled with more fans. Pretty sure there was double capacity. Fortunately except for guys in the row in front of me spitting on the guy in front of them for standing on their seat, there weren't any problems. Here is the spitter.

[​IMG]

Don't have one of the spittee.

No other sections seemed to have problems with seat standing or be standing on their seats.

10. TommyCarcetti

TommyCarcetti Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i find that to be the case in most groups. the key is finding the 1%

11. pinkflo808

pinkflo808 New Member

May 26, 2009
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why were you wearing DCU gear to a USA game?

12. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one was wearing DC gear - my GF put on her red United jacket (it's red with one tiny little badhe on it) over her USMNT sweatshirt - she also had on a USA scarf, USA ponytail holder and USA earrings.

But even if she hadn't - who the ******** should care?

13. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I dig that you carry DCU jersey around with you. Eta boy! :D

14. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are you unable to read?

15. pinkflo808

pinkflo808 New Member

May 26, 2009
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fairfax County public schools.

16. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sorry I ever brought anything up! As far as I can tell, the person bringing security in 134 is, in fact, a douchebag! Thanks for the clarification.

Also, security was not called on me to move, it was people in front of me (I was row 2), I just thought it was lame.

17. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    security never would have gone into 134, it was AO and Gen Ad - it was 133 that someone finally got security into, albeit way too late to have done any good at all.
    Perhaps you just can't count.

Next time you go to a concert, let me know if someone thinks it is lame when they move you out of their front row seats too. Or heaven forbid if someone is in your front row seat, how long it would take you to turn lame :rolleyes:

But anyway, it was a Happy Ocassion, let's not argue and bicker over who killed who ......

18. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    His mother makes him wear it so no one thinks she has a loser for a son.

19. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never eh?

20. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    At least the Sports Guy likes us:

21. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, I'll give you that, one can never tell what Security will try to do - but they told us they were not allowed. It's CSC so they do lie for a living.

22. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Enough to know better, seeing as others and myself here in NY have to deal with them at times too.

I also see K confirmed my suspisions as well about the USSF fecking up the ticketing and communication.

23. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    did anyone bother to tell him that the swaying of the stadium is because it's on its last legs, and soon, literally, the seats will be right on top of you :D:D:D

24. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Comparing the '97 Hex match at RFK with Jamaica and the one this week with Costa Rica...damn was it a sight my eyes have been waiting for outta our Nation's capitol!
    Well done East Coast die hards.

You haven't lived until you experience U.S.A. vs Mexico in battleground Houston Texas and thus have to deal with the U.S. folks you describe above who have flown in for the game, standing in our supporters section no less, and the next isle over el Tri dudes giving our anthem/players the bird all 90.
    When me and my boys have to be the voice of reason we are all in trouble.

25. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of which, I noticed several people broke and took seats out of the stadium as souvenirs Wednesday.
    Nice :rolleyes: