Good chance to move up Saturday [R]

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Daksims, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    With Columbus helping out with LA Wednesday, if we beat LA in LA and the Metro's tie or beat Dallas Saturday, we're up to second. Of course both Dallas and LA have a game in hand, but we've got to think optimistically.

2. Worm Burner

Worm Burner New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Denver
    A win against LA would put us ahead of them even if they won their game in hand, since we would win the season series.

This is a huge game in our hopes of finishing with homefield advantage.

I believe the key to this game will be our short and precise passing from the midfield to goal. Otherwise I think we will really struggle to score. LA proved in the last game that their defense is just to much bigger than our offense for us to hope to put long balls or crosses through.

3. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    That would be second in the West, and second overall in terms of points but still behind Chicago or NY due to the need to award a top seed to an East team regardless of points.

Still, a lot of if's.

The important thing is that 3 more points gets the Rapids that much closer to clinching a playoff berth (41 points I believe).

4. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    With San Jose only receiving a point from today's game, we've got an even better chance if we win today. First will be within 3 points. But we need that win today.

5. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    Disregard this thread.