Good-bye Jabo?

Discussion in 'Galicia' started by DSC05, Jan 4, 2005.

1. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Link

According to Marca it looks like Jabo is leaving Depor at the end of the season. (My link is from SkySports, but the International Unoffical Depor Website is reporting that the news is from Marca).

Anyway, while I'm sad to see him go, it will be time for us to make some changes. I think everyone is sick of our 4-2-3-1 system, and maybe it will be time for us to attack. Let's hope he can turn us around for one more great liga run and hopefully finish strong.

2. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    My understanding is that he had renewed his contract for a year for this season, but that this season would be his last (theoretically, it should have been last year).

Personally, I agree that we need a change. Fresh people, fresh ideas. I wouldn't even mind it if we had to dump off some of the dead weight we have now and start over with a new group of quality youngsters. Even if it meant mediocre results for a couple of years, think about how much it would benefit us in the long run to build a solid group who play together for a while and slowly but surely gets reinforced with quality signings.

3. Ramon Allones

Ramon Allones Member

Feb 8, 2004
    According to Sky Sports, the Depor players want Del Bosque to take over next year. I don't want Jabo to go, but I must admit that Aguirre has done a good job with a low budget at Osasuna and Del Bosque did great with Real Madrid.

I hope we accumulate good, young (relatively cheap) Spanish talent and make 1 or 2 big signings like Mascerano. Momo and Castro were good signings and other possible signings include Javi Guerraro (Racing) and Juanito (Betis).

4. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Del Bosque would rock!!! Aguirre would be very welcome as well.

5. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Sounds like a good plan to me.

6. depor15

depor15 Member

Jun 28, 1999
    YesI think it is time for a change. Things are a bit stale and a change could be good. I do not blame him, but a move to Del Bosque could spark the team. Also, a few signings would not hurt.

7. Sandeman

Sandeman New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Its time for Jabo to go, his effectiveness as a leader is clearly faltering. The players already stating whom they would like to see as a replacement tells me they would like the change as well. We need big things next year for the centario, this change could be a good way to see that it happens.

8. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Well it's official now, Javier Irureta's out as manager of Deportivo la Coruna. Can't say this is a surprise. He gave us 7 wonderful years including our first liga title, 2 Super Copas and 1 Copa del Rey. Thanks Jabo for the memories!

9. Sin_Chan_

Sin_Chan_ New Member

Apr 2, 2005
    I hope Javier Aguirre could be our new coach: he's a young coach, with a lot of new ideas and he has done a very good work with a small team like Osasuna, so I think he deserves a chance in a bigger team and it's the moment for him and also for Deportivo to start a new era: young coach, attractive soccer, a new system (not 4-2-3-1 anymore, please) and also new and young players that can give us the fresh air the team needs now