Gooch injury thought

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Lawless, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Lawless

Lawless New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i know gooch is a big part of our team but im seeing a cory gibbs all over again with that injury. knees are a big part of big dudes game cause they have all the weight on em being 6'4, im hoping hes back by the wc but if not we CAN NOT start him without him being ready or even at least have a friendly under his belt . I would like to see mo edu at CB if he heals up . we already have enough mids and he has way more of an upside at CB since our depth isnt that good at that position, and we all saw how rusty gooch was these last 2 qualifers from him riding the pine in italy , just think of him fresh off a big knee injury .... thats all bad

2. hairynippleman

Jun 13, 2007
    as much as i dislike the gooch, the dropoff of talent after him at the cb position is horrifying. if he is not ok to go, and you never know with knees, the world cup could be pretty quick for us.

3. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Why don't we give him the 3-4 months to heal up? He should be back traing by February, at the latest. Wait until we play the Netherlands in March, at least before we start calling it Cory Gibbs all over again. By the way, it is not Cory Gibbs all over again. (1) Cory played 3-4 months at a decent lever and only injured himself just prior to the WC. (2) Cory had recurring knee injuries. This is Gooch's first one.

I would try Edu (once he proves that he is healthy) just to have that option. He wasn't real impressive in the Olympics and now we want him to step up and play with the grown-ups. May be too big a step.