gold cup viewing? (OT)

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by battchy, Jul 10, 2003.

1. battchy

battchy Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Mtn View, CA
    anyone know where there might be viewing opportunities for the usa gold cup games on univision? i'm in mtn view and don't receive it. is there going to be a gathering anywhere?

cheers,
    battch

2. JaguarCRO

JaguarCRO New Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Sunnyvale,CA
    I am not sure of any pubs in the area but you are welcome to come over to my place as I get Univision (I have an expanded package with DirecTV). TiVo will tape it so even if you can't make the exact time of the broadcast we can still see all the game and replay the controversial plays.

Drop me a PM if you are interested. (I live in Sunnyvale within easy access of 101).

3. battchy

battchy Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Mtn View, CA
    thanks jaguar...i may take you up on the offer.

also, however, not being one to sit and wait for answers to come to me, i called the cupe brit and asked if they got univision and would show the game, they said yes. soooo...

viewing party at the cupe brit anyone? game starts at 3:30pm...

cheers,
    battch

4. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take note of the TV schedule. The first two games are on Galavision, not Univision.

USA vs El Salvador, 3:30 pm Saturday won't be shown until Sunday at 7 pm (4 pm if you get the east feed).
    USA vs Martinique, 5:30 pm Monday shown live on Galavision.

5. JaguarCRO

JaguarCRO New Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Sunnyvale,CA
    Actually it doesn't matter what the station is as TiVo will automatically tape it for me. :) Gotta love the TiVo! (Thanks for the station update though for those who must go "TiVo-less" in life- "The pain you must feel..." :)

6. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Damn Comcast, I get five spanish television stations in Mountain View and none of them are Galavision.

7. JaguarCRO

JaguarCRO New Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Sunnyvale,CA
    If you want to come over your welcome to. I don't have too much in the way of Beer but anything we have you can have (my wife and I don't drink beer).

Just drop me a PM. See you on Saturday.

8. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    All the Brit Arms locations get Galavision, ch. 404 on their DirecTV. I learned this during the Confederations Cup.

I'm not really gonna trip too, too hard about missing USA-ES or USA-Martinique.

9. dred

dred Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    Land of Champions
    In the "bad timing" department, I just thought I'd mention that (I think)that Dragon restaurant on Story road had the US game live on closed circuit again like in 2001. Just found out, oh well. Good luck avoiding spoilers until tomorrow night.

10. SeamusBrewer

SeamusBrewer New Member

Jan 22, 2003
    SF
    IN SF Kesar Pub will have it on as they have the dish.