Gold Cup Quater Final

Discussion in 'Lot 8' started by MeridianFC, Jun 16, 2011.

1. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    Is it sold out?

2. StagsUnited72

StagsUnited72 Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Silver Spring, MD
    it wasn't as of yesterday. but el salvadorans are buying up tickets fast.

3. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    I just went through the ticketbastard site and got no love at any price point.

4. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They sold 18,000 tix yesterday. Today, I saw all of DC United's 2-pack of Gold Cup + United home game tix sell out on twitter, first the cheap ones, then VIP, then the expensive ones. I am pretty sure all the supporters groups are sold out. Goff says a sell-out is expected.

Last time I attended a sold out International double-header in RFK, the stupid-ass security people thought it was a good idea to close almost every exit and force everyone out 2-3 exits, it was very dangerous. The dumb-assedness of the CSC guys at each exit seems to accelerate for USA games as well. Add their general scared-ness at all the El Salvadorean fans, it could get interesting Sunday.

5. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    I'm going to guess that most (but not all) ES fans won't come till after the US game and most (but not all) US fans won't stay for the ES game.

I see the DCU packets are gone. Ticketbastard doesn't say anything about a sell out but putting in "any" for as few as two tickets still get nothing.

6. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    They must've opened up some more slot. Got 400 section tickets ($53 after all the nonsense). Use code GC11 to get $5.00 off.

7. Liam O'Malley

Liam O'Malley Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know if there's anything you can do if you don't receive your tickets in the mail on time? I bought mine back on Tuesday afternoon from my DCU account exec and still have not seen anything arrive and am getting nervous. Is there a number I can call? I can't reach anybody at the moment. Any way to switch the tickets to will call or anything?