Gold Cup in Foxboro

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Clint Eastwood, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I had a question for you US or NE fans that have travelled to games at Foxboro. I'm bringing 4 guys down to the game from Syracuse and we'd like to stay near the stadium. We'd also like to be close to public transit that we could take into Boston to look around town Saturday before the games. We're planning on skipping the first game, and then see the last two.

Any ideas? Is this a do-able plan?

2. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    There is no public transit that runs from Foxboro to Boston, save for Commuter Rail, but those trains ordinarily only run for New England Patriots games. I.e., if you stay near the stadium, you'll need a car to get into and back from Boston.

There are some decent hotels a relatively short distance from Gillette Stadium, and you could probably get a recommendation or two by dropping an email to info@midnightriders.com

The Magpie

3. brianzappa

brianzappa Member

Oct 21, 2003
    In a big country
    Holiday Inn in Mansfield, MA is nice, and it's about a 5-10 minute drive to the stadium. There's also a Comfort Inn near there, and a Red Roof Inn not too far, either.

4. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Thanks for replying guys. We wouldn't really want to drive into Boston right? Isn't it a mess. Is there some sort of subway station we can drive to and go into the city from there?

Thanks for the hotel recommendations as well.

I haven't heard much buzz about these games at all. Are people planning on going, or have people decided to go to other US games this summer. I went to the US v. England game in Chicago, and wouldn't go to this unless I could drive.

5. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

May 28, 1999
    Bloomington, Indiana
    My information comes from my only time at Foxboro in August of 94 when I worked the DCI Championships.

We stayed at a Holiday Inn in Needham. It was about a 25-30 minute drive to Foxboro. On the one day off that we had, we walked about 2 or 3 blocks to a train platform where we caught a train to Boston to spend the day walking around. We didn't have a car, but if we did, we weren't going to drive in the city. When we were in Boston, we found that we were right about not driving there. We just had to make sure that we were back to the train station in Boston in time for the last train out to Needham, which was about 11:30.

I hope this helps.

Gonzo

6. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Seriously

Am I the only one going to the tripleheader at Foxboro?

Plenty of fantastic seats still remaining. There seems to be no "buzz" about this.

7. bostonbully

bostonbully New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston, MA
    HELL NO!?!

See you in the stadium. I personally am pumped to see (hopefully) a few US new comers, a few old timers, and a fairly decent if not entertaining series of matches, all capped by a New England victory.

Some people say Country over club (where I normally fall). Some people say Club above country. But why not both! Go US. Go Revs. Win-win.

Yes, Life is Good.