GOL TV on Directv

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Husker, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Husker

Husker New Member

Mar 14, 1999
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just noticed today that I now have access to GOL TV on Directv. Now I'll be able to watch the Italian and Spainish leagues. Will these games be broadcast in English or Spanish? The commercials are all in Spanish so far but right now the Ecuadorian league is being broadcast in English.

2. RedskinComrade

RedskinComrade New Member

Jan 6, 2005
  3. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you subscribe to the DTV Sports Pack and get GolTV on channel 614, you'll be getting the English version of things. If you get GolTV on DTV because you subscribe to a Spanish language package, you'll get the Spanish version (in the 400s somewhere, I think).

When I had GolTV with Dish a year or so ago, I seem to recall that not everything on the English version was in English, but I could be wrong.

4. Husker

Husker New Member

Mar 14, 1999
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I pumped about this addition. I've been watching and now I've seen previews of the UEFA Cup match on Thursday with Middlesborough. This is awesome.

5. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know how to get the English version on Comcast digital cable?

6. Supersuperman99

Supersuperman99 New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Yeah go to set-up on the menu then go to audio and change it english or spanish on comcast you get both feeds the eng. and span. you just got to choose which one fits you I usually use the spanish for most of the match play by play but for shows like; Play like a champ., American Soccer, Futbol Mundial and there might be others I change it to english and gol tv noticias I keep it in spanish because the english translators suck.

7. Here's a thread that you might find answers your questions. I think someone from GolTV has posted on it.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161694

This is a great time to be a soccer fan in the US. Our MNT is cruising toward a fifth straight World Cup, MLS starts in five weeks or so, and now we can watch soccer 48 hours a day.

8. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thread merge!!!

9. airjordanseattle23

airjordanseattle23 New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    WA st/Kettering,Eng
    i have it for dish net..loving it

10. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This new addition is a god-send for me... I was content with Fox Sportsworld (oop..Fox Soccer Channel - even though they still show rugby), but last night, to my surprise, as I was using the guide button for DirectTV, I saw for 614 "Futbol Español" and lo and behold, Barcelona were playing Mallorca (taped of course). Finally, it's possible to watch La Liga, Serie-A, the Premiership, Die Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Brasilian soccer (not my cup of tea), Argentinian football, and hosts of Copa Libertadores games and UEFA Cup... we don't need to die and go to heaven like those dudes on that NBA Pass commercial...we just need to stay in our living rooms.

11. BoysInGreen

BoysInGreen New Member

Dec 13, 2004
    The Bronx, NYC
    G O L T V !! Today alone a Barca match was followed by Real Madrid v Dep. la Coruna.. both live!