Gol TV in English?

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by MLSinHD, Nov 16, 2004.

1. MLSinHD

MLSinHD Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know this is off topic here, but does anyone receive Gol TV in English on Comcast or any other cable or satellite system? Comcast lists that its available, but my friend who has Comcast says that he doesn't get it, but yet its listed on the online channel guide.

2. brianzappa

brianzappa Member

Oct 21, 2003
    In a big country
    The last I knew, Dish network had an exclusive on the channel at least through the end of 2004. It could be listed on a cable network's channels because it may become available in 2005? This is merely a guess. The English language section of the Gol Tv web site doesn't give any info regarding this.

3. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Comcast does have certain channels that they only bundle in if you select Spanish as your basic service language. I think this includes things like ESPN-Espanol, FSW-Espanol and HBO-Ole. That may be the case with Gol.

4. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. It is listed on the website, but it is impossible in any way to actually get the english version on comcast at least.

5. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you tried using the SAP button?

6. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    This isn't true. At least not in Maryland/DC I get the Fox Sports Tier package for 4.95 from Comcast which includes FSW/and GolTV among others and GolTV is in English. It's actually quite funny watching the highlight shows.

7. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    I noticed it on their website as well. So I called Comcast. The rep explained to me that in most of New England, a deal had been in place to provide GolTV in English, but that it fell apart at the last minute. So, unfortunately, no GolTV in English up here.

8. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Well...for about a week or two, I've had my GOL TV channel dubbed in English, and I don't like it one bit! And yes, I have the SAP button, but it hasn't fixed anything. For a while, I thought GOL TV was the best, better than FoxsportsWorld or FoxSportsWorld en Espanol....now i think the channel is a joke with the dubbing.

I called Comcast about it...said to get in touch with Gol TV...i get in touch with GOL TV...they said to get in touch with Comcast ! :mad:

I live in Boston, so maybe its a city problem rather than a regional.

(but really...dubbing shows that are spoken live in spanish to the same two or three people, one a woman, is really third rate.....<sigh>i gotta get out of this country)