Going to Germany 2024: Trains, Planes, Accommodation and all

Discussion in 'Euro 2024 - Germany' started by Fadibrahim15, Sep 9, 2023.

1. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
  2. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Didn't work for me on Chrome but did on Microsoft Edge.

AlistairSinc repped this.
  3. Alison R

Alison R Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    Nov 8, 2023
    England
    The ICE 00.44 from Gelsenkirchen toward Duesseldorf after the England game on 16th June has always been showing as fully booked for me. I'm sure I checked about this before the draw took place but after we got tickets for the game, ie mid November.

LaParka710 repped this.
  4. ColUFan

ColUFan Member

Colchester United
    England
    Apr 22, 2022
    I've only paid more than the €29.90 for one of the 6 journey's that I've booked so I'm happy enough with booking earlier. In total I've saved about £30 over booking the special fares.

5. Nakul Sood

Nakul Sood Member

Real Madrid
    India
    Jul 10, 2022
    Germany
    Great news
    As a UEFA EURO 2024™ ticket holder, you now have access to discounted train tickets for your trip to Germany and between Host Cities.

Travelling by train will be the most convenient option of getting around, especially for those coming to Germany from abroad. Driving is not advised as there will be no public parking at most EURO 2024 stadiums. Parking in the host cities is also extremely limited.

Special-fare DB train tickets

• Discounted rail travel for long-distance journeys within Germany
    • One-way tickets: EUR 29.90 2nd class or EUR 39.90 1st class (Seat reservation in 1st class included)
    • Buy up to two train tickets per EURO 2024 match ticket (one ticket to travel to the Host City, one for your return journey)
    • Travel period: 12 June - 16 July 2024
    Important

• The discounted train tickets are only available to EURO 2024 ticket holders. If you sell your match ticket and are no longer a ticket holder, you will not be able to travel with the discounted train tickets.
    • When travelling, you’ll need your EURO 2024 Fan Pass to prove you’re a ticket holder. The EURO 2024 Fan Pass is free and will be available on the official EURO 2024 app closer to the tournament.
    • Availability is limited, therefore book early to avoid disappointment.
    Just received this from UEFA ticketing.

6. Ian Messner

Ian Messner Member

Mansfield
    England
    May 25, 2021
    I've read through this and understand you need a match ticket to take advantage of special rate but presume that's a requirement when on train/on the day, not today when buying the ticket? (I don't have match tickets yet but want to book the train)

7. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Aye, no need for proof of match ticket until you get on the train.

LaParka710 repped this.
  8. Testopener22

Testopener22 Member

Arsenal
    Jun 19, 2022
    Australia
    I've noticed this on a handful of trains too. Why pay for an ICE train though? Regional trains via Essen should be free with the 36 hour pass for match ticket holders?

9. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    I personally will try to avoid the regional trains back after a late game if I can for speed purposes and, more importantly, because of crowding due to the free 36 hours. I plan on buying a rail pass, so I can take various DB methods.

10. Álvaro Morata

Nov 28, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Guys the db site doesn't show anything specific about Euro 2024 i don't see what changed on 17th since that date was so advertised ? The same trains show if you enter db site and start searching or if you go via that Euro 24 football link, is there something i am missing ?

11. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    If there are any Euro 24 tickets left you get something like this. A lot of of trains are sold out of Euro 24 tickets, especially late ones after an evening kick off.

upload_2024-1-20_16-26-52.png

LaParka710 and Álvaro Morata repped this.
  12. Chucksav07

Chucksav07 Member

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Nov 7, 2023
    Hey guys, I just moved to Germany back in December, I live in Kaiserslautern, it’s about a bit over an hour from Frankfurt. I have tickets to games in Leipzig, Gelsenkirchen, Stuttgart and Munich I don’t really know much about the train system here, and was wondering if anybody here know what’s the better option for me as I plan to ride the train back home after every game if that’s possible. Thanks in advance

13. ColUFan

ColUFan Member

Colchester United
    England
    Apr 22, 2022
    You're not in the best location for a quick train journey. Stuttgart appears to be the easiest but even that involves a change. The rest look to need multiple changes of train and some long journey times.

Check the Deutsche Bahn app or website.

Chucksav07 and LaParka710 repped this.
  14. AlistairSinc

AlistairSinc Member

Real Madrid
    England
    Nov 14, 2023
    Oslo/London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Americans can buy the Euro 2024 Interrail pass? or is it just for European citizens and residents? If that's the case, why no euro 2024 Eurail pass?

15. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    I just went to Germany last month and went to matches in Leipzig, Munich, and Stuttgart. Based on where you live and those cities, I would plan on staying over in Leipzig and Munich at least one night. If you have a match other than the 3 pm one, I would stay over in Gelsenkirchen probably too. Stuttgart is really the only easy one you can return home to afterwards.

Chucksav07 repped this.
  16. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    No, they cannot. The one offered through UEFA is Interrail only. I would imagine they are not offering Eurail because, in theory, Europeans would be most interested in traveling for the Euros to see their teams. I mean, I don't get it, but I imagine that is why.

17. AlistairSinc

AlistairSinc Member

Real Madrid
    England
    Nov 14, 2023
    Oslo/London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    EURO cup just for Europeans fans? LOL. yeah restricted thought but alright.

18. ratters

ratters Member

Leicester City
    England
    May 19, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Anyone with experience getting a train from Leipzig after a game. I have tickets for NED vs FRA but am staying in Berlin? There is a train at 23:42 which feels tight with the next one much later at 03:29.

19. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    you can walk it in about 30 minutes. Best watch added time standing at the exit for a quick getaway.

LaParka710 and themanlarry repped this.
  20. Chucksav07

Chucksav07 Member

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Nov 7, 2023
    Alright I will keep that in mind, I don’t really care about long train rides that’s fine with me, but do you know if it’s possible to make the games at 9pm as long as I leave early in the morning that same day?

21. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    Leipzig might be the easiest stadium at the Euros to get from the stadium to the central train station, so you should be good if you're ready to bolt at full time like discussed above.

AlistairSinc, ratters and Chucksav07 repped this.
  22. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    You would have to check DB's website to confirm that there are not long transfer waits, but you should be good, in theory, to leave to go anywhere listed day of. Think the only one that might be dicey is Leipzig.

ratters repped this.
  23. ColUFan

ColUFan Member

Colchester United
    England
    Apr 22, 2022
    Going you'll be fine. Even Leipzig you can do with just one change and it will take you under 5 hours.

It's getting back again which is more complex or will take longer or both. It why a previous posters suggestion of staying over might not be a bad idea.

Search the DB website or app. They are both easy to navigate.

24. AlistairSinc

AlistairSinc Member

Real Madrid
    England
    Nov 14, 2023
    Oslo/London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    all DB trains are included in the interrail and eurail pass right?

25. LaParka710

LaParka710 Member

Köln
    Ukraine
    Feb 20, 2020
    That's correct to the best of my knowledge if you have the global version. The only thing that people have to look out for are what trains require seat reservations. However, if you have the German rail pass version, international trains on DB have to be checked if they're included.