goff on gazza

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by jmsdoc, Aug 1, 2002.

1. jmsdoc

jmsdoc Member

Jun 25, 2000
    The Valley
  2. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks for the link.

Great article Steven.

Good read.

Sad finish.

On the forward front, I doubt DC United will be able to pick anybody without being ripped-off.

McKinley Tennyson who was drafted by the Galaxitives is tearing up the A-league, see link:

McKinley Tennyson

Maybe Ray Hudson should take a look at him.

3. Fniyonga

Fniyonga New Member

Jun 23, 2000
    DC
    Now that anything can go since we're desperate, how about the teenager Edu. He might be our savior.

4. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    If, as Hudson said, Gazza fell in love w/the city, the players, etc.....

Then why did he hitch a ride to England when the coach asked him to travel w/the team to Chicago??

5. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    he's full of it...good riddance.

6. Stuart

Stuart New Member

Oct 13, 2001
    Miami
    Because 1 of 2 things: he did have legitimate business to attend to, or he knew the deal was dead, as we all did when we heard that. It often takes time for the fallout of a broken deal to filter to the masses, so that the parties have time to spin their stories to ensure it doesn't look like the fault of either party.

7. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tennyson has, IIRC, had several chances to sign with the league and hasn't.

I'll start the rumor now - despite what Ray says, Gazza will be here next year as our "You Suck" allocation.

8. GersMan

GersMan Member

May 11, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Nope - the whole thing is off. When a guy is 35 and age is a question mark, you don't say, "maybe we'll sign you next year."

Hearing about contact with another English player though... A target-type striker.

9. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hudson is so full of it. "The timing isn't right"?? Give me a break. We wasted three-plus weeks on this, and now the time isn't right? Great...now we're REALLY stuck, with two weeks until the trading deadline. We have no forwards, we haven't scored since what feels like last year, and our prospects are frigging bleak.

10. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    That would make sense except for one thing-Ray Hudson was still asking the guy to come with the team to Chicago when Gazza was trekking to England. Why would he do that if he knew the deal was dead or Gazza had business he had to attend to

I think if Gazza really wanted to be here, he'd be here. Would have said and done everything possible. GOOD BYE GAZZA SEE YA

11. GoDC

GoDC Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Hamilton, VA
    What did we waste?? As Kaspar was discussing trades for how to get a Discovery slot, don't you think he asked what players were available also?? I think if there is anything out there we will make a trade. If not, we stand still and see if someone on this team can get hot. Olsen, Q2, Jaime, somebody score a couple of goals. Really all we need to do is win our first two games after the break and we are in playoff contention. Now, I have no confidence we will do that, but it could happen.

12. DCUEngerland

DCUEngerland New Member

Jul 26, 2002
    Germantown, MD
    We must have the most fragile team in the world.

I met Rimando at the US Youth Soccer championship last week. He told me that Shearer had trained with them! Now I would rather have had Gazza, but.........

Before anyone gets excited, he actually meant Gazza.

13. DCU

DCU Member

Feb 15, 1999
    Bay Area, CA
    I watched Tennyson his senior year at UCLA. I definitely think Hudson should take a look at him. Physically, he's a Dante Washington clone. Back then he didn't know how to play off other players...maybe that's changed.

As for him not signing with the league...He tried his hand abroad and failed. Given the current situation for foreign players abroad, I'd be surprised if Tennyson didn't try to crack MLS next year. As far as I know, the Gal's rights to him expire at the end of this season. Then again, given the crap that happened with Kante, maybe their rights already expired.

14. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    We "proactively" relinquished the rights to Kante :rolleyes:

Sachin

15. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Actually, the Hamburger Morgenpost did an article today on Trialists at FC St. Pauli for last year. Tennyson was one of those that came in and was not offered a contract. I don't know if he was having a bad day or what but the paper said he was not good enough to play for a 6th division side. Of course Kovalenko also failed at St. Pauli, so maybe Tennyson's not that bad. Before anyone claims anti-American or anti-Foreign player bias, remember that Cory Gibbs (and other foreigners including in the past Americans) is a starter and was rated by the Morgenpost and Demuth (manager) very highly!

16. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as I am concerned the whole Kante thing can dry up and blow away. It was a wasted pick so we need to just get over it.

17. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    ...so we need to just get over it and get another forward!

18. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
    Get over it is fine.

But, remember it and DON'T REPEAT IT!

It was a joke, but those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.