Rumor: God No!!! Donovan out of L.A., Solano in?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. SOCCER NATION, Jul 22, 2008.

1. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
  2. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    Someone get in touch with his girlfriend and have her nix this idea.

What would LA be without LD? We are only midtable as it is....

3. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Shite

Next question......

Please don't go LD, you'll only end up at sodding Blackburn and your wife will run off with the first Crimson Filth player she sets eyes on, and you'll have to marry your sister, because, thats like, the done thing there, and shit.

4. Flagreekguy

Flagreekguy New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    And unfortunately he's a DP who is exempt so if he leaves we can't use his slot for another DP like him.

God I would hate to see him go i really would. he is my favorite to watch in the MLS but hey, i've got FSC, JUST PROMISE TO GOTO EPL SO I CAN WATCH YOU EVERY WEEK !!

TAKE NO LESS THEN A 5-7 RANK TEAM IN THE EPL BRO !

5. Falsify

Falsify Member

Jul 28, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Landon goes. I go.

6. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To Kansas City? Have fun.

7. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    No wonder Ruud is selling his house.

8. GunnerUSA

GunnerUSA New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    USA
    We could not fill the void if Donovan leaves. He better get a very good deal to make the move worthwhile (and sometimes they don't work out quite as well as promised).

9. sacris00

sacris00 New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Burbank
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea AEG might also sell the team.

10. jorgeinla4

jorgeinla4 New Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And if he happens to land in La Liga, I suggest getting GolTv if you don't have it.

Call your cable company and request it... :D

11. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    We should be signing players like Solano to contribute to the team not to be one of the key players. Frankly if thats the deal then its crap for us.

I hope that selling the team comment isn't going to go down the road it went last summer..............

Tom Cruise anyone?

I just hope that they'll decide he's not worth it and move on. It does figure though when you consider that we very quickly did an about turn on Carlos Ruiz, possibly because we were in danger of losing Landy.

I'm scared now, really I am. We need to strengthen, take our rightful place etc, not sell our best players to mid-table PL teams.

Come on Landon, you'll have to live here you know, just think about it. IT's a shit country. Doesn't matter how much you earn you'll be taxed 50%, made to pay about five times as much for petrol. Fined every time you speed because of the bloody cameras everywhere, live amongst ferile kids with knives, and pay a grand a year to get your bins emptied. Really, just dont bother..........................

(It's not really that bad.....):eek:

12. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    For the love of god, there's no story here.

His agent is trying to talk him up so he'll have a better negotiating stance with MLS. This story is simply repeating the same quote as the other one. And then you add an old quote about Landon someday wanting to go to the premiership and you've made a story where no story really exists.

Settle down everyone. If there's ever actually a story, we'll learn it from Goff :rolleyes:

13. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    But why would an english tabloid lie to us? They are usually paragons of journalism.

14. sacris00

sacris00 New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Burbank
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Pires takes over LD's position,would you stay?

15. jorgeinla4

jorgeinla4 New Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You bad... :D

16. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    You'd have to wouldn't you. It would be like watching a car crash, just too horrible to watch, but morbidly fascinating.

17. GunnerUSA

GunnerUSA New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    USA
    I hope as Landon thinks it over he decides he would be leaving too much behind. England is a lot more expensive but he would make a lot more money as well. And just as in LA there are good places for rich people to live in England. Hope he stays here, but if he has a dream...I lived in Virginia Water for two years - it was brilliant really. The only thing better than the lovely setting was the great English people.

18. DasBoot

DasBoot Member

May 22, 2008
    Would AEG sell the team with Beckham still here?

19. sacris00

sacris00 New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Burbank
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the price is right,who knows?:p

20. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Its a great place to live, just hoped LD might think otherwise:D

I do sometimes think, if i was he, that eventually I'd like to try my hand in Europe again. He's got another five or six years to do it, before he's Beckhams age, i just hope he feels that his job isn't done until LA have some silverware.

(I used to be based at Combermere Barracks in Windsor. I know VW quite well, its a bit more upmarket than my origins though. I'm West/North Yorkshire.

21. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    Andrea Canales interviewed Landon on this topic and this is what he said:

Inevitably, with Donovan playing so well, the issue comes up as to where else he might be willing to go. Playing alongside Beckham has created incredible exposure for the entire Galaxy team. It’s not that Donovan was an unknown quantity before, because he certainly opened eyes with his breakout performance at the World Cup in 2002. Yet now, his notoriety is at an entirely different level.

“I’m more recognized and more noticed now than I’ve ever been,” Donovan acknowledged. “What’s happening is that David is bringing the spotlight and other players are taking advantage of it and making names for themselves and it’s been good for all of us.”

Now that Donovan has clearly moved to another level of both consistency and versatility, it’s easy to see his game fitting in well on a quality team at the highest level of club soccer. The two questions that remain are simple. One, has any team in Europe been intrigued enough to come calling for his services this year? Two, would Donovan go?

“No,” Donovan answered simply to the first query.

The second response was a bit more complicated. That’s understandable, given that Donovan’s wife, Bianca Kajlich, is a successful actress currently starring on a CBS sitcom. It would be difficult to sustain such a career anywhere other than Los Angeles.

“Here and now is what I worry about,” said Donovan about going abroad. “Someday, if there’s a chance, then it’s possible. But for a lot of reasons, my family situation, my contract situation, I’m not going anywhere for a while. But maybe someday.”

Meanwhile, immediate goals and scoring more of them, are what Donovan is concentrated on.

“I think about getting through this year and finding a way to be good this year,” Donovan said. “Then if an opportunity comes, where something happens, whether it be next year, the year after, the year after, or maybe never, then we’ll cross that bridge. But I don’t go home and think, ‘When can I go play in Europe?' If it happens, it will happen
    .”

Link:http://sidelineviews.blogspot.com/2008/07/new-stuff-same-as-old-stuff.html

22. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only if it's Robert Pires

23. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GO.... GET THE F*CK OUTTA HERE ALREADY.

P.S. - Stop hiding behind your wife's psuedo hollywood career. You tell her if london is calling then you have to go. If she's as good as an actress as she seems to think she is then she'll find work in London too.

24. forzagalaxy

forzagalaxy Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Austin, azTeX/SB, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    London calling to the faraway towns
    Now that war is declared-and battle come down
    London calling to the underworld
    Come out of the cupboard, all you boys and girls
    London calling, now don't look at us
    All that phoney Beatlemania has bitten the dust
    London calling, see we ain't got no swing
    'Cept for the ring of that truncheon thing

25. ManUnitedForever

ManUnitedForever New Member

Nov 9, 2007
    Schevchenko or Henry as a replacement for LD and I'm still pissed off.

I want LD to stay.