Goal scoring celebrations

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by fenomeno420, Oct 27, 2004.

1. fenomeno420

fenomeno420 New Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Chicago IL
    Does anyone know what Ronaldo's "back of the fist on the forehead" celebration is all about? Last year it was the "index finger wave", years before included the "airplane" and even the classic "jumping fist pump". Any thoughts?

In line with that, what are you favorite goal scoring celebrations? My personal favorites right now are the "shoe shine" or the "dog pee" on the goal post..

2. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, this is one of the greatest things about the game! There are so many players, they come from everywhere in the world, and thus many of them are very strange, yet quite creative. I really don't like the rule against removing their shirts. It's just one thing that set the sport apart. You mention two great goal celebrations. The shoe shine. The shoe shine!? Hilarious because it's so strange. I have never heard the other one called "the dog pee" before, but it sounds funny. On the dramatic side, I love Raul's ring-kiss celebration. It symbolizes a few cool things.

3. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    He has his and his fiancee's initials tatooed to the inside of that wrist.
    [​IMG]

I think Raul's ring-kiss is class. Other players have appropriated it, so they must agree. I'm also very fond of the time he put his fingers to his lips to "shhhh" the Barca crowd.

4. fenomeno420

fenomeno420 New Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Chicago IL
    I personally like the "Ssssh" celebration too and am also a fan of Drogba's "Can you hear what I'm sayin?" taunt to opposing fans.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/photo_galleries/3656068.stm

The "dog pee" comes from the Mexican leagues I think, but I saw it when the kids on the soccer team I coach started doing it. Basically after you score you get down on all fours like a dog and crawl up to the goal post and pretend to pee on the goal post like a dog does a fire hydrant... I about lost it when I saw it for the first time.

Cheers

5. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Does anybody have pictures of the Raul shuush celebration?
    Thanks

6. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Favorite celebration?

Why that's simple.

[​IMG]

God himself.

[​IMG]

Or this one..

[​IMG]

Truly the greatest and classiest goal scoring celebration ever.

LGRod repped this.
  7. illuminatus

illuminatus New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Malaysia
    I had no idea Ronaldo was showing off his tattoo. Thanks for that. And here i was thinking he was feeling dizzy after scoring. Now i don't think it's lamer than Alan Shearer's famous celebration anymore.

Raul's ring kiss is definitely classy, and i'm surprised that no one 'trademarked' it before him.

8. totti2madrid

totti2madrid New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    FL, USA
    Rauls ring kiss is the best in my opinion. others i like are when Totti used to put his hands to his ears to hear the crowd with a big smile on his face. i liked Beckhams old one, he doesnt do it anymore, when he would run to the corner area and just put his arms up and tilt his head back, then get mobbed by his team mates. the all timer has to go to Robbie Fowler snorting the white touch line. that guy is pure class.

9. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    ROBBIE snorting? Oh man, that's the most amazing thing ever!!! Anyone have a clip?

LGRod repped this.
  10. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    Great call... always thought it was a really stupid celebration till I read this

11. totti2madrid

totti2madrid New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    FL, USA
  12. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    [​IMG]

theres the pic from the site. how i loved that, how i love him.
    he is and always will be a fans favourite here on merseyside!

13. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    HO-LY CRAP!

Pascal Nouma's seven-month ban, meted out yesterday by Turkey's Football Federation after the French striker recently celebrated scoring a goal by tearing off his shirt and swinging it above his head while his other hand played pocket billiards, represents the harshest punishment handed down since the fad of post-goal celebrations first somersaulted into being.

That tops anything I've ever witnessed.

I'm speechless.

14. -WiLL-

-WiLL- Member

Jun 23, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    That was stupid, and Robbie Fowler is crap.

How long was he banned for that?

15. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    Fowler did that after the controversy that surrounded him allegedly doing drugs.
    He just made things worse for himself.

16. lex fg

lex fg Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Nairobi / Manchester
    Best celebrations are Henry's nonchalant jogs to the corner. Crappest is Robbie Keane's pathetic version of a cartweel-summersault and that strange thing he does with his hand after it.

17. T Nitty

T Nitty New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    MD
    I'll take a good old-fashioned belly slide celebration everytime. It really captures the joy of scoring without taunting the other team with stupid antics like pissing on the posts.

Nistelrooy's emotional roar after the PK versus Arsenal will not be forgotten.