Gm #26: Chicago v LA - 7 September, 7:30 PM CDT [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by NotAbbott, Sep 4, 2002.

1. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    Gm #26: Los Angeles vs. Chicago - 7 September, 7:30 PM CDT [R]

Okay, you need tickets, we get it. How about the game? L.A. is without Califf, so at least we don't have to worry about Ante getting hacked fifty yards from the play.

Later,
    COZ

2. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Game Talk

Yes, let's talk some game. I'm sick of hearing about who needs to win and who needs to lose over the next few weeks.

Let's just take care of business and win the last 3 game dammit! We've been playing like crap the past couple of games and we need some consistancy from Ante, Dema, DMB and Hristo.

I think our defense has been playing pretty well this season; however, the offense has been playing less than adequate.

So forget Dallas, New York, New England, et al. Let's just get to work and kick some ARSE against LA and Columbus!!!!!

GO FIRE!!!!

3. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    No Califf? Im liking this game more already. I cant stand that guy and for obvious reasons. I've been looking forward to this game for a long time as hopefully beat this guys for a change!!!

4. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Not a troll.

It should be a good game, physical as always, and close as always.

I actually think against chicago we are better off without califf, since it will be physical and a bit chippy, having someone out there who is always in the middle of things can cause big troubles (depending on how you look at it).

Looking at recent form (current form, the fact you just can't seem to beat us recently), it looks like a luck for the Galaxy, but you never know, which is why we play the game.

Good luck, and don't cry too hard when you get swept by the G's.

5. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    *************** LA. KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL

6. Bayernfan

Bayernfan Member

Mar 7, 2000
    Atlanta, GA
    Just as our good fortune vs. the Wizards ran out last weekend, our bad luck vs. LA will come to an end this Saturday. Nowak's first game back will fuel the team on and Razov will score in bunches.

Fire 3
    LA 0

7. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    i think we found a new d-mid or defender

8. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    I think that this is going to be a tough and close game. LA has been playing pretty well for the last couple of games. But then again all good things must come to an end. Califf's out which is good, but I think the Fire defense will have a lot of competition with Ruiz, Jones, and Victorine. There's no doubt that this will be an awesome game.

GO FIRE!

9. DouginSJ

DouginSJ New Member

Mar 15, 2000
    San Jose, CA USA
    Needless to say, many up in the desirable half of California are pulling for you...

10. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take this with a grain of salt. You have to realize how desparate Doug is getting watching his team's season slip away. Like the sands in the hour glass of time....

11. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we lose to LA again, at home especially, we should just forget the playoffs.

12. Meggie

Meggie New Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fire vs. Galaxy

I love the Fire to death and hope to God that they win it all this year, but do you guys think that they'll be able to beat L.A. this Saturday? It'll suck cuz I've got a soccer game late at night so I can't watch it live, oh well, I guess I'll just have to use the old VCR. So what do you guys think? Oh yeah, those of you in Chicago that are going to the game...cheer hard cuz my sis loves the Galaxy and I'd love the Fire to prove her wrong...atleast for one game!

13. alf

alf Member+

Jun 29, 1999
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Is it on tv?

14. Hattrix

Hattrix Member

Sep 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Naperville itself might be a lovely community, but it really does suck as a home for the Fire. All that crap we hear about 15,000 screaming fans fails to include the fact that 13,000 of them are screaming to their mommy that they want some cotton candy.

That's part of why I've only been to four MLS games this year: both NE and both DC. I also went up to watch us be the only MLS team to lose to an A-league team in the Open Cup.

I did get to the Concacaf game against the Guatemalan team, so I have seen a Fire victory in real life this year, but not in any US competition. I'll find out tomorrow whether I can get a ticket to the game. If I do, I expect we'll continue our luckless streak against LA. If not, we'll win 6-0.

15. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    KCAL in la-la land.

16. Meggie

Meggie New Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    t.v.

yeah, it's on t.v. in california but only because it's a Galaxy away game...it's on one of the local channels, K-cal 9 I believe. I think it's either on at 5:30 pacific time or tape delay at 7:30. This goes without saying but...Fire, kick the living horses**t out of the F*****g galaxy!!!!

17. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    I talked to Bob and he has decided to send me in for the first two minutes and let me do some damage on Ruiz and if I'm not red carded and have some time left I will choose the next closest LA player to take out. I also am doing this free of charge of course for my personal satification and for the good of the league. *************** LA!

18. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It's on MLS shootout.

19. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Tickets are on sale to the general public. For every game you don't go to, that's one more ticket for a mommy or her screaming child. Blame yourself and not Naperville or families that support Chicago Fire soccer.

20. jose8lo

jose8lo BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 9, 2002
    washington
    kick the living s**t out of the scum L.A. for all northern Cal,we will be forever grateful if you do. go fire!

21. Hattrix

Hattrix Member

Sep 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Touche. I'm hanging my head in shame.

22. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    Hey Guys! I just wanted to say Good Luck at the game. I can't watch it b/c of a ROTC thing I gotta do. If anyone can, take pictures at the game and e-mail to me later. karanton@usc.edu Also, e-mail me your thoughts of the game...I want to hear everything! Sing and cheer loud...and kick some Galaxy A$$.

Bethany

23. Jaquie

Jaquie New Member

Sep 30, 2000
    Chicago
    Bitch Slap Cobi

If you are red carded you should make the most of it and take out as many as you can! However, if you are unsuccessful in your mission to take out Ruiz, please bitch slap Cobi Jones.

Thank you for your dedication to the cause!

24. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Re: Bitch Slap Cobi

My pleasure.

25. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC