Gm #25: KC v Chicago - 31 August, 7 PM CDT [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by kebzach, Aug 26, 2002.

1. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Game #25: Fire @ K.C. 8/31/02 7pm [R]

TV on Fox Sports Chicago tape delay after the 6pm White Sox game (approx. 9pm).

Spanish and Polish radio, I do not believe this one is on WBIG English radio.

Check the travel thread for fan trip information.

2. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really hope you guys making the trek give Meola all the hell you can muster up.

I also think that somebody should sneak into the KC locker-room and spread Vaseline all over the palms of his gloves. I hate him so much.

You guys should get a big white sheet, paint a big red rectangle in it write "Just for you, Tony!"

3. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    from today's Fire press release

Jim Curtin has been issued 20 caution points and will be suspended for a game should he receive another yellow card. Also, Carlos Bocanegra and Hristo Stoitchkov are bother teetering on suspension. The duo have totaled eight caution points in two straight games and another yellow card in the next game for either of them, will see a one-game suspension for the culprit.

Fire forward Ante Razov is currently riding a three-game point-scoring streak dating back to August 14. He has totaled two goals and two assists in the three games. Razov set the team’s season high of four games earlier this year from April 6 to May 4 posting three goals and two assists, both game-winning.

4. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    Don't forget the part where we've outscored them 14-1 since losing MLS Cup 2000. Payback is a bitch.

And Curtin's been sitting on 20 caution points for weeks now. I was actually hoping he'd pick up another yellow in one of the last two matches, so he'd miss NE or KC rather than LA or Columbus.

Later,
    COZ

5. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    true, but i think he can watch himself for a couple more matches

6. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    from another thread...

unofficial word on that is "maybe".

not a guarantee you'll see him in K.C. this weekend.

7. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    i'd say save him, unless he wants to work on his fitness after we are running up the score :D

8. DeGregorus

DeGregorus Member

Oct 24, 1999
    Seis Esquinas
    Come to Peg Legs anyway

It may be tape delayed, but if you're avoiding the results come on over to

Peg Leg Sullivans
    2721 N. Halsted St
    in Chicago...right across the street from a FIRE station

For directions see,
    http://www.barnburners.com/ultras/shamrock.html the BarnBurner's website IS working

Don
    Poobah of Pitchers & Pictures

9. quarterUltra

quarterUltra Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Stillwater, OK
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I made it. . . .

I made it to Durham in one piece.

Saturday evening the Section 8 will be one couch and the Mystic on the other. Could get ugly. :)

10. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Well, I made it. . . .

Congratulations. I hope everything is good for you. Good luck!

11. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Info

Game info: KC rested Preki, Garcia, and Talley against Morelia Wed. Due to the ejections, Klien played :20 and Burns only went :35 or so. The team mostly should be rested (except for the 8 guys that ran around like heroes in the second half. Meola was spectacular and is very much in form. KC was especially well organised defensively. On the bad side Fabbro was pitiful and is probably nursing a knee injury.

During regular season games Chicago seems to find ways to play out of their collective grape against KC. At some point that has to taper off. One thing is for certain, CHI will not roll up 7 on Saturday. My guess is it will be a low scoring, one goal game.

12. DeGregorus

DeGregorus Member

Oct 24, 1999
    Seis Esquinas
    Re: Well, I made it. . . .

Calling Kofi Anan, we need the UN Peacekeepers in Durham :)

-----
    Seriously though, I hope the move went well. Nothing broken, etc.
    -------

13. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    to those who missed it, this game is live on fox sports chicago if baseball is on strike

14. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    MLB is not going to strike, the game will be shown on Tape Delay

15. quarterUltra

quarterUltra Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Stillwater, OK
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The feed for the Shootout package will be live tho.

16. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tough loss.

17. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Does anyone know what happened?

The mlsnet scoreboard quit about 8:30. (And still isn't back.)

WBIG is not broadcasting it and WIND (who were supposed to be broadcasting it) were just playing music.

This just sucks.

18. FireFanKeith

FireFanKeith Member

Mar 6, 2000
    chicago,il usa
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    chris brown game winner in the 90th minute. 2-1 wiz win. worst of all the crew takes over first.

19. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

But best of all we finally beat you guys!

20. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'm glad just because I really didn't want to have to throw anyone out of my house.

21. Now you're the one sleeping in the car. ;)

22. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hopefully things will start going our way in the playoffs

23. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did Nowak play?

24. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    Yeah he started

25. joseph pakovits

joseph pakovits New Member

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    So, the Fire get Nowak back, walk into KC and promptly stink up the joint on their way to a deserved 2-1 loss to the Wiz.

What's so bad is that the Fire absolutely did not deserve a win or a draw. For once, an MLS ref called a decent game. The Wiz just kicked Fire ass all over Arrowhead for the entire first half and a good deal of the second as well. Only a Boca header off a corner kick and a few good chances made the game look at all bearable for Fire fans. Well, that and seeing the away contingent on TV. Well done to all the fans who made it out there. Shame the Fire players didn't show up like you guys did.

Did any of our passes in the first half have ANY purpose to them? For a lot of this game it looked like the Fire players were simply playing "keep away" rather than having an idea of what to do with the ball once they got it. I know Bob Bradley likes a lot of passing and a "patient" offense, but shouldn't our passes be part of some idea for an attack instead of simply to whoever the next closest player is?

I think when we do the season post-mortem after the Fire either shockingly fail to make the play-offs or get bounced by some Western team in the first round, we'll realize that the player the Fire missed most this season wasn't Wolff or Hristo or even Nowak but Chris Armas. Opponents are having an entirely too easy time bringing the ball up right through the fire midfield and into dangerous scoring positions.

As things stand now before the Gals-Mutts game is broadcast, the Fire's breakfast tomorrow will be a heaping helping of Seventh Place. If the Mutts somehow win tonight the Fire will be in the last play-off spot with a surging Revs (and how often can we say THAT?) closing in fast.