Gm #25, BC #2: Dallas v Chicago, 20 September, 07.30pm [Pregame]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by HalaMadrid, Sep 15, 2003.

1. AriesFlame

AriesFlame New Member

Nov 28, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    If you've ever had to haul a can of paint up to a water tower to defend your sister's honor, you might be a Burn fan.

2. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Schedule...

How did they decide that we only play the Burn twice, whereas we had to play San Jose three times? I know the idea is 30 games, 16 against your conference (4 against each) and 2 each for the other conference (10) which leaves 4 extra games where we play everybody in the west but Dallas again. That means we have a harder schedule than all the rest in the East, right! ;)

That means we have 2 left against Colorado and Columbus, who are hot now (but Colorado are in), and 1 against LA (yay!) but we're done with the rest of the East (as somebody noted, they can beat each other up fighting for the playoffs...).

3. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    Re: Schedule...

You're right we play the teams in our conference 4 times. (16)

We play each team in the West 3 times save for Dallas. (12)

We play Dallas twice. (2).

16+12+2=30

This is the reason. The team the Fire plays twice in the West is the team that finished in the same place as the Fire last year. Fire was third in the East, Dallas was third in the West....hence...playing Dallas twice.

I believe if you look it up, you'll see that KC (fifth in the West) only plays DCU (fifth in the East) twice as well. And so on with the other pairings.

Make sense?

4. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    I think this is the first time in recorded history that anything remotely associated with Jeff Foxworthy has actually been *funny*.

Kudos.

Later,
    COZ

5. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Castle Pines, CO (or often elsewhere on earth)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Schedule...

Mercy.

6. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Re: Schedule...

Yep. Cheers! :)

I just think we should remember that we have the best record in the league AND we played Dallas less than any other team.

Let's make the most of our chances!

7. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    from MLSNET's pregame.

"Ante Razov leads the Chicago all-time scoring v Dallas with 8 goals, 1 assist. Chris Armas has 1 goal, 6 assists v Dallas in his career, the goal when he was with Los Angeles. DaMarcus Beasley and Rodrigo Faria are next among active Fire players, but Faria’s goals came with MetroStars."

Dear MLS. Just because Faria is still screwing around in Brazil doesn't mean he is still associated with the Fire.

8. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Hey, just because they work for MLS doesn't mean they have to watch the games..... I mean, you don't really think that a successful league like the NFL made it this far because people were obsessed with accurate statistics, do you? It's not like millions of joe schmoe, fantasy footballers spend hours every week going over the smallest, most obscure statistics for guys like Tuiosoapa Maha'Faha (or whatever his name is). So why should we worry if MLS net, the official website of the league , doesn't know who plays for our team? I think it's a great sign.

9. kevbrunton

kevbrunton New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just checking the TV lineup -- why the hell isn't this game going to be on MLS Shootout on DirecTV?

Who decides these things? Is it DirecTV or MLS or what?

10. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    DirecTV. The game is there for them to show. Dish is showing it.

Of course, so is Fox Sports Chicago.

11. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    Are they still showing the originally planned tape delay, then? Live, it's WSNS.

Later,
    COZ

12. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Nevermind. Old schedule. You got it.

13. FireAddict

FireAddict Member

Nov 15, 2000
    Grayslake, IL
    lineup?

Does the Tuesday Open game against the gals have any influence on the lineup tonight? Dave has to be thinking that will be a tougher game.... Does he stay with the 4-4-2 or go back to 3-5-2? My guess is that they revert to a 3-5-2 but leave Gray in for CJ.

Ralph - Razov
    Beas - Marsch - Mapp - Whitfield
    Armas
    Carlos - Jimma - Gray
    Zach

Williams, Bolanos and Jacqua off the bench

3- 1 Chicago (Razov, Beas, Ralph)

14. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Come on Fire!!!

We need another huge win! To show the league that we are REAL deal!!!

3-0 result would be appropriate.

Go Fire.

15. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    If you ever left it up out of pride in the family, you are a Burn fan

Duck Fallas!

Suck Fouthlake?