Gm #22: Chicago v Kansas City - 14 August, 7:30 PM CDT [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by GoHawks4, Aug 11, 2002.

1. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Enough talk about Dallas. Christ. This game I am going to. We need a win, against somebody besides the Metro"Stars".

I guess its my unofficial job to make these treads for every game now.

2. jdm2662

jdm2662 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Hillside, IL
    If I'm over the flu by then (and I sure as hell hope so), I will be in attendence.

3. Glenwood Lane United

Apr 28, 2001
    Hanover Park, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be there with at least two, maybe four, people from work, although I only think one of them has the moxy to stand in Section 8.

4. modernpiracy

modernpiracy New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    chicago
    west nile?

5. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny thing, I tried ticketmaster to get tickets for the 8/14 game against kc and best available was section 8 $15 tickets meaning all higher priced tickets were sold out. I think this is the game the fire gave tickets to all the neighbors. So we may have a huge crowd despite it being a Wednesday.

6. Glenwood Lane United

Apr 28, 2001
    Hanover Park, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A woman I work with who lives in Naperville told me she got 4 free tickets to his game, so that makes perfect sense.

7. quarterUltra

quarterUltra Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Stillwater, OK
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WBBM was giving away tickets all last week for their morning trivia questions.

The Loop was also. But you didn't have to be smart for those. :p

8. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078

get 'em drunk, then tell 'em to act like it's a ************ing rock concert... meaning go crazy

9. jdm2662

jdm2662 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Hillside, IL
    That wasn't funny. I was actually in the hospital for a bit yesterday. I missed the Fire game because of it (then again, it doesn't seem like I missed much).

10. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    wait a min. everyone knows that west nile virus is funny. its just too bad those monkeys had to have sex with mosquitos and transmit disease all over the US.

However, the game wednesday will be awesome. plus they should have those trading cards that they mysteriously didnt have at the last home game.

11. quarterUltra

quarterUltra Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Stillwater, OK
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The hot weather spell that we've had over the weekend should break by then. Hi in low 80's, nearly jacket weather for matchtime. :)

Good soccer playin' and watchin' weather. :D

See you there!

12. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Hopefully the Wizards will have recovered from Montezuma's revenge. And I don't think Simutenkov will have any Visa problems getting into Naperville!

With a couple exceptions, you guys have owned us. I hope to get a split of the two games.

The scary thing is that if you folks had beaten both Milwaukee and Morelia, there would've been five games between the Wizards and Fire this month alone. That and I'd probably need a new girlfriend! :p

13. joseph pakovits

joseph pakovits New Member

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    The Fire are so inconsistent I have no idea what to expect. If Fire play to recent form, though, the Wizards will win if only because the Fire can't score in a whorehouse with a fistful of $100s. Can you at least start Bo Oshonyi instead of Meola for us? Pretty please?

14. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    No, but you may get the same backline that Morelia faced. Or worse. I think Nick's yellow against DC rules him out. We won't mention Diego's injury any further. Peter Vermes still isn't ready for prime time, but you'll probably see him. I guess we'll probably have Talley, Vermes, Brunt, and Burns. Yikes! Actually Gansler will probably put Armstrong in defense.

But still. Our backline should be more than accomodating. Sigh.

15. joseph pakovits

joseph pakovits New Member

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    So we'll get to see what happens when the utterly resistable force meets the completely untethered object on Wednesday. Beautiful.

16. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Check your PM's.

17. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    I hate to say it, but this game seemingly has 0-0 tie written all over it.

18. alf

alf Member+

Jun 29, 1999
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    No Diego. :(

19. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    Okay, if the Burn can keep up their good fortunes against us in the Cotton Bowl, hopefully tradition will still hold for us as well, assuming this little factoid isn't Soldier Field-specific:

"Chicago is a perfect 6-0-0 against Kansas City at home in the all-time series and has outscored the Wizards 15-4"

Later,
    COZ (tempting fate)

20. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    only GA left?? think it will be ok to get tix day of game??

21. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Will Diego be at least travelling with the team? It'd be nice to give him some recognition (and no, I certainly don't mean in the Jason Kreis way).

22. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Hard to say. He wasn't in DC. I imagine the healling part after breaking one's face (especially the bones around the eye cavity) would involve staying away from the big changes in air pressure involved in air travel.

We wish Diego was going to the game, too.

23. quarterUltra

quarterUltra Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Stillwater, OK
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marcin may have some Section 8 tix. Look for him in or near Jimmy's.

Always best to arrange in advance. Good to hear we are creating scarity with our tiny little home. :D

I'll be at Features as soon as the Metra train can get me there. (I don't have any extra tickets.)

Take the Metra so you don't drink and drive. They have a lot of express options since this will be evening rush hr. You can even drink on the Metra train without getting hassled. :D

Cheers!

Kirsten

24. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As noted, try Jimmy's.

Also, try Features, generally there is at least one person trying to sell tickets. The local soccer stores and local soccer associations also have consignment tickets and sometimes hang around downtown trying to get people to buy what they have left before they have to turn them in at the ticket office.

25. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    The weekly press release for the Wizards has Diego listed as probable.

Later,
    COZ