Gm #21: Dallas v Chicago - 10 August, 3:00 PM CDT [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by GoHawks4, Aug 3, 2002.

1. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

Tulsa Athletic / Sheffield United
    United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    ummm... people also don't like 3pm games in Aug in Big-D (translation: 101 degrees with 80% humidity).

Knowing there might be a little rain should actually INCREASE the chances somebody'd go to the game.

Weather was perfect: cool, wet and overcast... your typical English spring day :)

2. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

Tulsa Athletic / Sheffield United
    United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    ... my take on the game... first game I've seen in person in over a year... didn't look like a late season game at all to me... too many giveaways--esp. in the midfield. Is the loss of the WC players last month still hurting us?

HATED seeing us able to string together 3 or 4 passes (esp. in the midfild) then just GIVE the ball away ("gee, did you Burn guys see what we just did?... ahem... you can have the ball back now...").

Of course we get our chances around the penalty area and try to string together 3 or 4 passes in front of the goal mouth that serve no purpose other than to let the other team get back and defend... Fire are the only team I've seen try to do this game in and game out (year in and year out)...

Then DMB takes the ball past 2 or 3 defenders and nobody else has moved into a position to take advantage of it ("nice moves, Beasley... we'll be standing here 10 yds behind ya' if ya' need us").

As for the defense, Boca I expected would be good. And even though I'd never been particularly impressed with Curtain I'll have to admit he played a smart hard game.

As for the other defenders (names witheld to protect the guilty), even if Kreis wasn't threatening through most of the game, I just don't understand how he was left THAT open at the very end...

As for our forwards (exc. Hristo), somebody needed to tell them that when the weather turns out to be in the 70s instead of the 100s that you don't need to hold back and "save your strength"???

That's all I can think of for now...

'till next week...