Gm #21: Dallas v Chicago - 10 August, 3:00 PM CDT [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by GoHawks4, Aug 3, 2002.

1. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    In an ironic coincidence, did they let you guys get between them for a wide open pass in the penalty box, too?

Later,
    COZ

2. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since I actually met you yesterday, I can confirm that you haven't exactly missed too many meals yourself. What, is your attraction to chicken-fried steak the same as your attraction to redheads?

But hey, at least one can do something about "fat." Liam is painfully aware that there isn't a pill or a shake for "butt freaking ugly."

3. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You need to get bitches that are less uppity. Your bitch put the dagger in your heart -- again.

On the other hand, both Abuelo Stoitchkov and Dema Breakalego felt the need to taunt those of us in Section 24 after Abuelo's goal, an ultimately futile gesture that amuses me greatly right now. Hey, the next time you see Abuelo at the bingo hall or the barber shop or wherever the hell you find 70-year-old Bulgarians in Chicago, be sure to remind him that his teams haven't won jack in Dallas since 1994.

4. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

Tulsa Athletic / Sheffield United
    United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    Originally posted by ElJefe

Until this year, Boomerboy. Behind the leadership of Chris Simms, the Longhorns are going to cut through the okies like a hot knife through Nicole Brown Simpson's throat.

nice try at sarcasm...

OK, I can't even believe this tripe I'm writing. At least I get to see one of my teams use its main rival for toilet paper at the Cotton Bowl.

I'd say winning a home game in the last minute and icing it in injury time is hardly using a rival for TP... although your fans probably coulda used some toilet paper to clean the s*** off their thumbs after having em up their a$$es the first 30 mins of the game...

Nice to see you guys had the same number of fans as the old Tornado days... 10K???... geez those are Enron numbers (magically inflated by Arthur Andersen...)

MOVE THE BURN!

5. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing, and I mean nothing, is more amusing than attendance-smack from Fire fans.

6. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I'm not the one hiding my face in shades and a 10-gallon hat, bucko.

See what Jason doesn't get is this outburst buys him a first-class one way ticket to Fire Hell for the rest of his career. Sure, he got the winner yesterday. But is sure didn't shut me up nor will it in the future, you can be damned sure.

That was a goal worth celebrating despite the end result. In addition, I was greatly dissapointed Dema didn't send a player home on a stretcher, as Francis Simun is hiring cashiers. Damn, with that benefits package he'd be doing Mr. Broome a favor!

Attendance Smack is not something I condone, period, much less from us. There's so much more to work with.

7. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

Tulsa Athletic / Sheffield United
    United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    call em as I see em... nothing short of pathetic on a Saturday afternoon... no way on god's green earth that was 10K... lucky if it was half that. Leads me to believe Burn.

MOVE THE BURN TO MUSKOGEE, OK...

8. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Tell ya what, Dustin.

How about a little wager.

I'll bet that the Fire draw more this coming Wednesday than the Burn did last Saturday. In fact, I'll even give you 2k to start with.

How's that? Can you handle it?

9. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should really consider it, though.
    The way you guys have been intimidating him the past couple of matches, when he's been good for a goal or two a game against you, I'd hate to see what'll happen if you decide to kick it up a notch. He'll probably score a hat trick or something.
    Tell Dema that when he's hiding behind Abuelo Stoitchkov when he's taunting the opposing fans, while being a good citizen when he's right next to the touchline, the fans tend to notice that. They might even take to calling him "Pussy" or some other character from "The Sopranos."

10. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ye only Pussies hack others and break their legs. That just tells me he can't beat the guy so he has to make him leave the game. What a homo, Kovalenko it a moron like the rest of you Fire. Why can't you get it through your uneducated heads that it was raining! people don't like rain, so only the die hard Burn fans were there. So up in goonville when it rains, you show me higher attendance.

11. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Somebody is living in Fantasyland...

12. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    You really should let Dustin do your trolling. Your ramblings aren't doing your team any favors.

13. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait a minute.

You're betting me that the Fire will draw 12,000 on Wednesday night?

Normally, I would take that bet in a second, except that it's got "sucker bet" written all over it. What, is it "Buck a brat" night? No, wait. That's Cowtown. Is it "Say Farewell to the temporary bleachers before we start tearing them down" night? Is it "Kick Liam Murtaugh in the nuts for $1" night? Is it "Free Hookers and Beer" night? Is it "We were just kidding about this whole Cardinal Stadium thing and we're actually playing this game at Soldier Field" night?

I'm really curious, because normally I'd say that there's no way that you guys will be getting 12,000 in that place on a Wednesday night, even if the weather is beautiful.

Which it definitely wasn't on Saturday in Dallas.

14. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trolling? TROLLING?

Harumph. What I am posting is 100% factual.

(But the mods will probably move it to the Recycle Bin anyway.)

15. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What? was there something I said that didn't make sense to you? Or do you just not have anything to say this time, because you know I'm right. I don't need Dustin to do my trolling, because I'm not trolling, and neither is he.

16. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    It won't be me, I can assure you.

Or anyone else who speaks the English language for that matter. Your last post was pure blather. At least ElHefty has the sense to get his thoughts in order.

17. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    wow

There's a sickening amount of homophobia on this board. This obviously has something to do with the arrival of the Dallas fans.

I am personally offened by all of this and ask you contributers to stick to the subject.

Congrats to Dallas for winning the game and for having a great season. Now go the *************** away.

The reffing in the MLS is atrocious. One bad call can change the game. With that being said, this game is over. Gus missed calls on both sides and a handball in the box is a horrbile thing to miss but where have I seen that before?

I still think soccer needs two refs.

18. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: wow

You can thank your fellow fan Mike Segroves for starting that. As for the whining, blah blah blah 3-1, get ready for more excuses if we meet in the playoffs. I'm gonna get out of here before I confuse Hala Madrid, because he odviously don't know jack about soccer.

19. joseph pakovits

joseph pakovits New Member

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    Re: wow

The trouble is in MLS's case, we'd get two crappy refs insulting us with twice the incompetence and stupidity that we put up with now as it is. Can you imagine TWO Gus St. Silvas in the same game? *shudder!*

20. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    i do have to admit, he gave one hell of an argument for never having 2 refs

more likely to get hit with the ball than one ref... and you do see one ref get hit with it

21. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Re: Re: wow

Wow, great point. But maybe with two sets of eyes they wouldn't miss calls like they do. Maybe with 2, they would challenge each other to be better. Maybe I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, but it seems to work better for the NHL. How Gus's head got in the way is astounding considering it was up his ass at the time. :)

22. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Re: Re: wow

23. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Castle Pines, CO (or often elsewhere on earth)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about a private little chat room for our homophobic, underaged friend from Dallas? Would save the rest of us from the wasted electrons.

24. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ok, no. I wasn't the one who started the whole talking about homo stuff, that was Mike, re-read the old posts. You guys automatically write me off because I'm 17? well **** all you.

25. joseph pakovits

joseph pakovits New Member

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    kebzach, please don't feed the trolls. If you keep it up, they might stop foraging in the wild and begin begging by the roadsides and becoming a nuisance in the campgrounds.