Gm #21: Dallas v Chicago - 10 August, 3:00 PM CDT [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by GoHawks4, Aug 3, 2002.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You guys are so full of excuses. But what should I expect from goons? Oh and Segroves, you said I have a small genatlia, well whoever said my comments at the game were like little kids needs to look at this guy now. Wow. And BTW, you can't blame the ref for "heading out" your "sure thing goal", please, jordan had it covered and from where i stood it looked like it almost went in. So in fact, you had a better chance with the ref heading your ball then the inital shot. LOL and i still think it's hilarious how you goons up there in Shitgago still think you made more noise than us at the game, hahahhahahaha, it's great how you can make that comment and wern't even at the game. Nice job, now why don't you make sure you beat NE next week so you make the playoffs.

2. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    Your medication needs renewal.

3. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
    The announcers were incredulous when they said that the ref had headed the ball out of harm's way. The replay confirmed it. It saved the go-ahead goal. Either he did it deliberately (which it looked like) or he was standing in the line of fire, something no decent ref would do.
    A disgrtaceful performance and a tainted win. Just my opinions.

4. Glenwood Lane United

Apr 28, 2001
    Hanover Park, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought he tried to duck out of the way, but didn't get down in time.

The announcers said that would have counted if it went in. Since I take everything MLS announcers say with a grain of salt, could someone confirm this for me? I know in hockey, if the puck goes in off an official, it's no goal.

5. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm pretty sure that it's a goal. Actually I am totally sure after consulting my rulebook.

6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was wondering the same thing about the Ref heading it in, because in all honesty I thought you were gonna score when the ref re-directed the ball. it wasn't a tainted win, just get over it, I'm sick of arguing with you Fire bunch, and I know I'd make excuses if the Burn lost yesterday, but hey lets just leave it to the next time we meet.

Does it count if the Ref heads it in?

7. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Man this type of hysterical response just makes a great victory even sweeter! So now the ref is deliberately heading away Chicago shots? I'm not sure if I've ever heard a more desperate attempt at excuse making.

Here's a newsflash for Chicago fans. You haven't won in the Cotton Bowl since '99. I can't believe any of you are actually surprised that you didn't win this time. Losing in the Cotton Bowl is what you always do, you think you'd be used to it by now.

8. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yes, he (or she) is considered part of the field, as much as a goalpost. And usually just as useful.

9. Glenwood Lane United

Apr 28, 2001
    Hanover Park, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe I watch too much WWE, but I just got this image of Gus St. Silva heading a ball into the net for a Dallas goal, then ripping off his referee jersey to reveal a Burn uniform.

Before you break your fingers responding to this, please understand: I'm just kidding.

10. boots15

boots15 New Member

Sep 19, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Trolls are such an annoyance. Just watched the game, I love Tivo! I'm sorry, but Wolff just stunk it up, played horrible. Carlos Bocanegra played awesome, but it seemed like he was doing it all by himself in the backline. We probably would have lost by more if he hadn't of stepped up and done so well. Hristo's goal was amazing, watched it in slow my a couple of times. It's nice to have him back. Now all we need is Peter. I am looking forward to Wednesday's game, lets hope for three points.

11. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Segroves, you are something else. Well I personally haven't been to any tailgating, and I'm sure the chics weren't looking at your pecker, but w/e you say. I didn't mean to start so much ************ here, I just wanted to rub years of frustration in your face. Now you know what it's like to have a inconsistent team. And BTW, what made you like the Fire anywas, you being from the great state of Oklahoma, does it have something to do with football? Because if it does, I personally think it's stupid to bring Football into soccer, but you probably don't give a damn, so I'm gonna TRY and stay out of these boards. But you must be a lonely man to be talking about guys genitals in such a way.

PS-I'm hoarse too ;)

12. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    Just cannot stomach the fact that you lost. Calls went both ways, but that's not enough. Rationalize all you want. "Just my opinion."

13. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    It's amazing the kind of joy the Dallas fans get from such a close game. I'd feel lucky if I were you. The Fire played as if it were a home game (well, a home game on a normal sized field....) They didn't give up and they didn't play for a tie, not even in the 88th minute. Any soccer fan should be proud of our effort even if we're not playing the best we ever have. That would have been all the more reason to bunker ala D.C. United, but we don't quit.

Good for us.

PS Yeah, what Segroves said.

14. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Segroves, I don't like College Football, so whatever you said don't make sense to me. You are one lonely, fat man who just sits on here and thinks of great comebacks to tell people and thinks he's the smartest in the world. Well for your information, I wasn't refering to my high school love life, thats coming along quite well btw, I was talking about how you finally know what it's like to be a fan of a inconsistent team like I have with the Burn for 7 years now. But I wasn't gonna say anything to your stupid posts, but you brought my mom into this and thats uncalled for, but rather than tell you, you are a bleep bleep bleep that'll just get "x'ed" out, I will just say this.....

3-1

bye bye troll.

15. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    We won't have Simms forever!

16. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    He's a mean lonely fat force of nature.

Enjoying himself until October.

(Defeat OSU)

17. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    I like how Wolff and Razov turned into fairies and decided to NEVER take on guys for at least the first 25 minutes of the game.

Way to earn your salary cap spaces.

18. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Of course Dallas' fans were louder:

They had about 80 drums and 3 times as many people. Give me a break. We did a great job with our numbers. Just ask former US national teamer Jason "Liam's New Bitch" Kreis.

But who gives Jack #1? Anyone obsessing over how we looked/sounded on TV has got their priorities messed up. We supported our club nonstop, on the road. That's the end of that story.

As for the game they were putting forth basically no effort aside from Marsch/Walsh/Vaud, Bocanegra, and Zach. Hristo got the (freaking amazing) goal, and Dema works hard to no avail, but everyone else SUCKED BALLS. Sure we caught no breaks but that's Gus/our luck for you. Passing was terrible, teamwork was nonexistent.

We keep this up, we won't be able to even get past a Colorado or Metro in the first round much less see the semis.

19. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Me = World's Biggest Josh Wolff Fan

Me: "Josh Wolff sucks ass this year and plays like a pansy"

PS: Props to Jimmaugh Curtin and Big Dave Vaudreil for coming over and showing their appreciation after the match.

20. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    No kidding. It seems par for the ciurse for the city of Dallas, though, judging by the cabbie who bragged about his 'all you can eat' steakhouse adventures.

There were an awful lot of pasty-skinned jacknuts in that crew as well for Dallas being not typically overcast like yesterday.

21. djwalker

djwalker BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2000
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You actually made me laugh out loud, Mike. I didn't think that was possible via the internet.

"He'll be cryin' himself to sleep on his huge pillow tonight"

You have a sick and perverse sense of humor. Can't wait to meet you for lunch.

Cheers
    Dave

22. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

Tulsa Athletic / Sheffield United
    United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    ... ya know pidily diddley squat... there were more kids/parents ON THE FIELD in the pregame than fans in the stands... you guys spent most of the first half not yelling/singing but tuning those infernal drums (didn't work, BTW)... also, we weren't yelling for YOUR entertainment (although I know you were wishing we'd fart in your general direction to stroke your collective egos), we were cheering for our team on the field and yelling strategically placed obscenities at Kreis and that Caca guy (among others)...
    when you're yelling at the same time those "drums along the Mohawk" are playing, NOBODY CAN HEAR A DAMN THING-- oh, yeah, THAT'S impressive... gee, I forgot to pack my aerosol horn yesterday after my big fat hootchie-mamma drums wouldn't fit in the overhead compartment!...

Funny, but I did see the few fans on the other side of the field give us quite a few double-takes so I'm pretty sure THEY HEARD US even if you didn't... I think maybe your hootchie-mamma drums might have affected your hearing during the game...

By the way, I'm glad to hear the response to our "CHICAGO FIRE" chant turned out to be "sucks." Yesterday, I was wondering what "T-H-U-X-T-H" meant-- is this some sort of Texas-Castillion thang ya got goin' on???

23. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Hey, you leave the Castillians out of this! What did they do to deserve to be humiliated as a peer to Texas?

24. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

Tulsa Athletic / Sheffield United
    United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    Ditto.
    Thought that last Burn goal celebration with the phones was their way of paying tribute to Razov's phoned in work yesterday...

25. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Until this year, Boomerboy. Behind the leadership of Chris Simms, the Longhorns are going to cut through the okies like a hot knife through Nicole Brown Simpson's throat. Bob Stoops will be whining in the post-game press conference about Mack Brown's running up the score...

OK, I can't even believe this tripe I'm writing. At least I get to see one of my teams use its main rival for toilet paper at the Cotton Bowl.