Gm #20: Chicago v DC United - 31 July, 7:30 PM CDT [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by GoHawks4, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Lowdiggity

Lowdiggity New Member

Dec 3, 2000
    Chicago
    I think the ref was drunk.

2. Did DC pack it in last night?

I was wondering if DC packed it in again to get another scoreless tie?

3. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Did DC pack it in last night?

If you're talking about defense, then, no, I wouldn't say so.

If you're talking about what went on in their locker room after the match, I have no idea but would guess... probably.

4. joseph pakovits

joseph pakovits New Member

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    Iceblink is right. DCU came out with guns blazing in the second half and had the Fire back on their heels for a while. Also, why would they bring on Olsen rather than another defender in the second half if they just wanted to grind out a 0-0 draw?

5. Did DC pack it in last night?

Did it end up 0-0 again because of that nasty little field?

6. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Bringing on a midfielder for a forward is evidence that they weren't interested in a draw?

7. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    (The real answer, of course, is that the closest thing to a defender that they had on the bench was the backup keeper, McGinty. But then again, Hudson did play Pope at forward in the last match.)

8. joseph pakovits

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    Considering that Olsen looked damn dangerous in DCU's previous game and that he and Lassiter played the forward position after he was brought and that he immediately made his presence felt near the Fire goal.... Yeah, I'd say that was an offensively minded move.

9. joseph pakovits

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    This might have more weight to it if Olsen had played d-mid or something instead of instantly leaping into the attack as a forward and causing our back line lots of problems...

10. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    that or just stop signing your posts when your full name is already in your signature.

whichever you prefer.

11. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Re: Re: Vaudreil & Razov

good point.

for as much as Razov seems to play only when he wants to, Wolff can do the exact same thing.

12. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It ended 0-0 partially because both goalkeepers made great saves and the Fire players don't know how to either hit the corners or how to fake a shot and dribble around a hard charging goalkeeper.

13. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This silly question from a Metros fan... umm... ok. I'll bite.

Yes, it was because of the little field... That was exactly it. We just can't get offense going on it. It takes a complete crap team with crap defense to get goals scored against them on it.

Now, with this in mind... what was the score of the last match we played against you on it? I just can't remember.

14. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Re: Re: Re: Vaudreil & Razov

wolff was running around with a piano on his back...i was just as frustrated with his performance as anything.

15. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002

The Fire took 17 shots and put 6 on goal. The field may be too small, but those goals are regulation sized.