Gilberto turns the corner?? and others look like coming back to some form

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by CraigN, Nov 6, 2003.

1. CraigN

CraigN New Member

Nov 2, 2003
    Scotland
    What a performance by GS last night, i think thats one of the best performances he has given in an arsenal shirt that i have seen.

There has been quite a bit of critisism over GS and about how good he is. He has tended to look like a different player when he isnt playing with PV alongside him. Going missing from games etc.

Last night tho....omfg!!! he was absolutley outstanding, he was a tireless runner, broke up so much play in the midfield, and bar one little messup at the back i dont think he gave the ball away.

Im just hoping it wasnt a one off and he can now continue playing like that, i was a bit fearful before the game that he might do one of his disappearing acts, but it was the complete opposite.

Pires aslo looks like he is creeping back into some form, he was all over the place last night, running at people and beating them with ease, he was looking like the pires of old. After a bit of a slow start by him this season, things are looking bright.

dunno if you guys got the game shown on tv stateside but if so what did u think?!?

2. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He did have a better game than usual last night. I'll reserve judgement until he puts a string of decent performance together though. I think he's lucky to ahve kept his place this long, I'd have had Edu in ages ago after seeing the comparative form of the two this season.

3. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA
    i couldn't watch it from here, but from what i heard on capital gold it did sound like he held his own last night. a pleasant surprise, but we'll have to wait and see what he does with, what i consider to be, his second chance