Gibbs back in training

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by alocksley, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Says his still a long ways away from playing.. Not very specific and no estimate.. Perhaps sometime soon after the new year..

2. alocksley

alocksley Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Just in time to play the hero by helping keep them in the EPL.

3. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope that's what they have in mind-- I don't want him rushed back and hurt again.

4. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Gibbs is good enough to turn a couple of draws into wins and a couple of losses into draws. That may be enough to keep them up, if nothing else falls apart.

5. CincoDmayo

CincoDmayo New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    MFin CLEVELAND OHIO
    This news is music to my ears. For Cory and the Nats.

Get out there soon Gibbs, everyone needs ya!

6. HeMan

HeMan Member

Jun 5, 2006
    Earth
    I hope Gibbs takes it easy for awhile since he has time to rest now (he's not in a race to get fit for any major tournament). If he's ready by December, i hope he takes the extra month(s) to wait to make sure that he's 100%.

7. Mason16

Mason16 Member

Apr 11, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Importasntly, he aslo might take part in some upsoming reserve matches. If he good to go by Dec. I'll be elated. I would love to see him command the backline for Charlton and help pull them into the sAfety zone. Their defense has been shaky, though its been better recently but they could still use Cory asap!

9. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Am I the only one who is a bit concerned that he may be pressed into service without adequate time to get up to speed by Charltons terrible form this season?

I'd rather they were in a comfortable position right now...

10. matabala

matabala Member+

Sep 25, 2002
    Point well-taken, nothing more onerous in pro sports than seeing athletes "forced" back to work before their bodies are ready. Gibbs has already suffered two serious knee injuries. The fine line between performance and being considered "damaged goods" is worth weighing on the side of caution IMO.

11. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There been numerous ststements by Charlton's management, Gibb's and his agent that he's taking him time and no one is pressing him. Plus, the reserve games going to serve him well. Charlton went out on a limb and signed him despite injury and I don't think they would throw him by the weigh side or throw him to the sharks without being 100% healthy!