ghasi mounir AFC PLAYER OF 2004

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by SS2006, Nov 7, 2004.

1. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    If you go to the PersianFootball website, there is a quote from Karimi regarding this. Whether he was lied to, or a fake letter or announcement was sent to him, we don't know.

But with the above quote, we at least know that the fact/rumour did not start on this site, but more close to the AFC/players.

2. Just to clear something up, IRAQIFOOTBALL.COM HAS BEEN ABONDONED FOR MONTHS, AND HALF THE PLAYERS LISTED DON'T EVEN PLAY ON THE NATIONAL TEAM ANYMORE, THANK YOU!

GO QUSAY!!

HAHA, I LOVE THIS PIC!!

[​IMG]

ROCK ON MUNIR!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    do u mean persianfootball.com? b/c that's what the link above refers to...

4. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    here's another question: if it's true, and the other non-winning players (like Nakamura and Karimi) got a letter from AFC before any official announcement, it must be a funny letter-- Does it say "oooh, you don't know this, but you ALMOST had it...but sorry, you didn't win. Just thought you'd like to know"?

or maybe the "letter" was one sent to all the football associations of all the afc countries...

i asked this before, but does this award come with any prize/money? (or is it just the *coughcough* distinction?)

i'm in a punchy mood today, so bear with me...

5. TheOranje

TheOranje New Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Where is it confirmed? Link? Speaking of Ali Karimi I was in Dubai yesterday and I saw him pulling out of a parking spot next to a restaurant....really nice car...rumor here has it he get paid 2 million $ a year.....I dont know if thats true but he must get paid a lot to stay in this league :)

6. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    what car was it?, color year?
    thanks

7. No, I mean www.IraqiFootball.com...some people went to that site and said that Qusay wasn't in the top 10 there, and therefore he wasn't even considered good in his own country! But actually that site has been abondoned for months, and half of that top 10 list don't play for the national team anymore! :)

8. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    ah, i see...sorry, I was confused. OUtdated websites are annoying...

so, anyway, is Qusay a player that alot of Iraqis have been buzzing about this year?

9. He didn't score a single goal in the Olympics, yet he was voted best player in the Olympics in an www.aliraqi.com forum poll. What does that tell you? By the way, Qusay played every single minute of the Olympics.

Younis Mahmood - 1 - 2.27%
    Emad Mohammed - 7 - 15.91%
    Hawar Mulla Mohammed - 11 - 25.00%
    Saleh Sudair - 3 - 6.82%
    Qusay Moonir - 18 - 40.91%
    Noor Sabri - 4 - 9.09%

http://www.aliraqi.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36032&goto=nextoldest

10. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    The nominees for the AFC awards were announced today. Mounir isn't even nominated. Storm in a teacup :rolleyes:

AFC Awards 2004 nominations

Player of the Year
    A’ala Hubail (BHR), Ali Karimi (IRN), Shunsuke Nakamura (JPN)

Coach of the Year
    Tachmurod Agamurodov (Pakhtakor - UZB), Adnan Hamd (IRQ), Rahim Kurbanmamedov (TKM)

National Team of the Year
    Bahrain, Iraq, Japan

Club Team of the Year
    Al Ittihad (KSA), Home United (SIN), Seongnam Chunma (KOR.)

Women’s Team of the Year
    China (U-19), Japan (Olympic), Korea Republic (U-19)

Women’s Player of the Year
    Mio Otani (JPN), Park Eun-sun (KOR), Homare Sawa (JPN)

Futsal Team of the Year
    Iran, Japan, Thailand

Special Merit Award:
    Prince Abdul Rahman bin Saoud (former President of Al Nasr/KSA)

Fair Play Award:
    China, Iran, Qatar

Match Official of the Year
    Lu Jun (CHN), Shamsul Maidin (SIN), Moradi Masoud (IRN), Talaat Najm (LIB)

Youth Player of the Year
    Yusef Ahmad Ali (QTR), Park Chu-young (KOR), Wang Dalei (CHN)

http://www.footballasia.com/en/news/index.asp?id=37553&sec=0&ssec=0&cid=1182&mth=11&yr=2004

11. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

I know, who started that rumor anyways? lol iranians even made that karimi video to say that he is the real asian player of the year, now he is probably gonna win it too..
    why are bahrain and iraq nominated? :confused:

:eek: :eek:
    are you sure this is the fair play award nominees and not the opposite of fair play award nominees?

12. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Wouldn't argue with that. Him or Nakamura deserve it for me.

Iraq because of the Olympics, and Bahrain for doing better than people expected. I think the sympathy vote is a banker.

lool
    I know, the weirdest nominations I've seen. :eek:

13. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

but that wasn't iraq's National Team tho.
    As for bahrain, jordan or oman or uzbekistan were the 2 new powers this year bahrain had already proven themselves when they beat mighty iran in 02..

p.s i think these last couple of posts in this thread should be merged with that thread that was just made by xe...