Ghana Friendly update [R]

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Jay510, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Jay510

Jay510 Member+

Apr 21, 2002
    Gadsden Purchase, AZ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ghana lost on the 11th to Togo 1-0 and on the 15th to Tunisia 2-0 in preparation for CAN. My knowledge is that is was not a full team, to be certain, as Essien and others were with their leagues.

Ghana opens up on Monday with Nigeria in the CAN, should be a fun chance to see their current form.

2. dovifat

dovifat New Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Half their first line up including some of the most important players were injured. No national team in the world could compensate that.

At least three of these players will miss the ANC entirely. Any judgement towards the WC should be met with caution, although this does reveal the unfortunate truth that Ghana's bench is rather limited in quality and quantity.

3. el_rengo_acosta

el_rengo_acosta New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    Hey Guys Rengo Here...i Just Wanted To Say That I Think Ghana Will Be The Surprise Of Wc2006.

I Am From Uruguay And Since Uruguay Did Not Make It To This Years Wc ...i Can No Cheer For Brazil Or Argentina Since Those Two Countrys Are Fierce Rivals Of My Uruguay...i Will Cheer For The Black Stars Beacause I Have Seen Good Football Played By Ghana
    And I Have Seen Ghana Win U17 World Cup A Few Years Ago.
    I Think Ghana Has Very Good Players And They Will Win Group E .
    I Think Ghana Will Even Beat Italy Im Sure Of That.

I Will Be Watching Ghana:)