Getting Tickets to 12 of October Match - DC United

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by DC06, Aug 25, 2011.

1. DC06

DC06 Member+

Oct 9, 2006
    Within amile of home
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I come in peace (I swear!)

Long time DC united supporter, and will be traveling to British Columbia this October for the match. I have been trying to find two tickets desperately, as website and ticketmaster have been of no help. Any help is appreciated, given thousands of miles traveling I need this locked up in advance. Will the new stadium BC Place make this easier (larger capacity) or harder (shiny new stadium...jealous)?

Thanks so much for any help.

2. falcon83

falcon83 New Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver MLS
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There are ticket listings on Stub Hub for the game. Believe some of the problems you will have finding tickets is they have yet to be released. As a season ticket holder I have yet to receive my tickets to the games at BC Place.

Not sure how difficult it will be to obtain tickets as there will be interest in the game and in going to the refurbished stadium. the stadium capacity for soccer will be capped at just over 20,000.

3. DC06

DC06 Member+

Oct 9, 2006
    Within amile of home
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Representative got back to me, nicw fella. Said tickets not on sale yet, would contact me when they become available. Let me know other things ahould do while visiting.

4. canuckred

canuckred Member

Dec 15, 2007
    I think it is still slightly up in the air about the completion date of the new stadium so the club is hesitant to release tickets. Good luck getting a pair.

Hopefully we return the drubbing you gave to us:D

5. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Are you saying that it may not be ready for the Sept 30th Lions game?

6. DC06

DC06 Member+

Oct 9, 2006
    Within amile of home
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everything sorted, got my tickets and look forward to visiting British Columbia.

Any advice on something everyone should see or do while in Vancouver?

7. DC06

DC06 Member+

Oct 9, 2006
    Within amile of home
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great experience over in British Columbia. You have a fine city and stadium and wanted to say thanks to the dozens of Whitecaps supporters who were no only cool with united supporter presence, but very friendly about it.

Thanks for the hospitality...you're welcome for the three points...

8. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Great to hear you enjoyed it!