Getting my team ready for promotion

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by revsfan21, Jul 7, 2006.

1. revsfan21

revsfan21 New Member

May 20, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Ok, so I'm going to promote this season to DV and I need some help. What should I do to prepare my team?

Here's how my team looks:
    Midfield: poor (high)
    Right Defence: weak (very high)
    Central Defence: inadequate (very low)
    Left Defence: weak (high)
    Right Attack: solid (low)
    Central Attack: inadequate (very low)
    Left Attack: solid (very low)

My arena is 21,460 seats.

I have $596,696.

I'm training GK, which was a real dumbass move. My trainees are 18yo formidable and 18yo magnificent. Should I switch over to PM?

Any help is appreciated.

2. CharlesS

CharlesS Member

Apr 2, 2002
    Cambridge, MA
    How you should be changing your team will depend upon which V you promote into. However, I'd certainly tell you that you can survive in V without being a PM trainer and do just fine -- in fact, training GK has major advantages tactically, and the better the players involved, the more real the outcomes of tactical decisions.

That said, I'd need a little bit more information than what you gave. What would be the highest central defense rating you could produce if you concentrated on it? What would be the highest midfield? Is the attack rating coming entirely from offensive wingers, or are you capable of pulling strong attack ratings while playing wingers towards middle or playing without wingers?

The biggest difference between V and VI is that in V, if you put the same team out there every time, you will get beaten by teams that are able to outthink you. Not all of the time - there are some poor tacticians in V too - but if you want to survive with a weaker team, the area you should be thinking the most about improving is tactics.

3. revsfan21

revsfan21 New Member

May 20, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    I'd say for central defense, my highest rating can be an inadequate (very high) to a passable (very low).

For midfield, I'd say weak (low) is the best I have.

For attack rating, I am playing Offensive Wingers.

4. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would agree with Charles in that you dont have to train PM to survive in V. GK training will allow you the most flexibility in tactics of any of the training regiments.

However, you do (IMO) need to boost your MF first and foremost to help compete in V. Poor MF ratings are at the very low end of survivability in V, especially if you land in a tough series. Those attack ratings you are putting up are just fine for V and with a competitive MF, will keep you in most games.

With that 18yo Magnificent, I would think about selling him at his next pop and using those funds to get another trainee and a nice IM to help your MF. Keepers seemed to be the least affected by the recent drop in prices and a nice little return on him is very possible.

5. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    I agree with Kermmy here. Seel the mag keeper at the next pop and use that money to get a better midfield. Also, since you are training keeper, a little upgrade at the defense positions would help.

With solid defense ratings and a weak very high midfield, you will do just fine in most DV series.

6. revsfan21

revsfan21 New Member

May 20, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Ok, he just popped and I put him on the market for 3.2 mil. How many midfielders would I need and at what skill levels?

My current inner midfielders:

Lenny Svensson- excellent PM, passable passing

Srecko Malkoc- formidable PM, solid passing

Norberto Bidart Campos- excellent PM, inadequate passing

Wingers:
    Carlos Miguel Coronel- outstanding winger, inadequate passing, wretched PM

Gerald Biggel- brilliant winger, weak passing, poor PM

Where should I upgrade?

7. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    what kind of experience do your im's have?

8. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Wingers are fine for now. That will generate good attacks for V.

Replace the 2 Exc/PM guys with at least Outs -Brilliant PM. The passing swap being even would be even better.