Getting in touch with Lamar Hunt

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Eggy, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Anyone know how to go about doing this?

2. DJAnimosity

DJAnimosity Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    To be fair, given what I'm starting to glean from the situation, if you sent McCullers an email and asked him to forward it, I'm guessing it might have a pretty good shot at getting through.

4. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the old goat cared what you and I think, it's easy enough to find out.

Leave him alone to enjoy his afternoon prune juice before his nap. Columbus might as well be on Madagascar for all he cares.

5. Liverpool_SC

Liverpool_SC Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Upstate, SC
    You mean he gets the soccer team confused with animated characters in Disney movies? Poor fella.

This is an interesting challenge however - and worthy of Bill Archer. You have successfully wiggled your way into Mark Cuban's attention before. How much would your fellow Crew fans be willing to put up to get you to figure out a way to finagle a meeting with Lamar himself.

Whatever it takes - banging on his front door, bringing him his prune juice, or whatever. Just you, Lamar and a minicam.

It would make great theater.

And it is about time for the uberCrew fan to break away from the collective passive moaning about the team and do something really active and dynamic to make you a worthy adversary again.

6. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't have to wiggle your way into Mark Cubans' attention. Cuban is anxious to hear what you think. DYING to hear what you think. He listens, he asks questions and he isn't just blowing smoke up your ass and if he thinks you've got a point he does something about it right that second.

It's hands-on, out front ownership. Something we will never have in CBus.

Hell, most of the time nobody can even tell you who's in charge: "Well, it's a group effort, really, blah, blah, Clark blah blah John blah, blah Lamar blah blah blah blah"

With Cuban, it's his show, thanks. Got a question or a problem? Let's have it. I'm the man.

As for something new and radical, I think you've missed it my friend. Little Miss Airhead and her Merry Band established a milestone in American Sports discontent with the "Pink Slips" caper. It grabbed the sttention of sportswriters and fans everywhere and is the best contribution to fan discontent since the days of the "Aints" in New Orleans with the bags over their heads.

When someone in DC has an original idea please let us know.