Getafe vs Real Madrid | Liga| 8.26.12

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by madridismoorg, Aug 25, 2012.

1. madridismoorg

madridismoorg Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Madrid
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Getafe vs Real Madrid
    Sunday, August 26, 2012
    21:00 CEST (Madrid)
    Coliseum Alfonso Pérez

Ok, this is my third attempt today to start this post. Just got back from Castilla, Barca B match so I didn't get a chance to post earlier.

Here is today's press conference and the translation below (credit: Madridismo_Org)

What's new with Sahin, Modric, Carvalho and Kaká?

There's not much I can tell you, really. I still think that the transfer window ends too late, because it's a good thing for everybody to know their definitive teams before the championship starts. We are playing and many things can still change. But that's the way it is. We have to accept things the way they are. The only new situation is Nuri's; he's going to play for Liverpool for a season.

¿Will Pepe be able to play tomorrow?

We will make our decision today after training. He trained yesterday and had very good sensations. He'll train today again and we'll see.

About Coentrao, how he plays with Real Madrid, Portugal's national team

That's what you think. I think completely the opposite. Against Barça, he had a perfect match. We disagree and my opinion is the one that matters.

How is the team feeling physically speaking? When do you think it will reach its best physical form?

We're good, considering the time being, the preseason we had, the interruptions, the fact that we came back two days before the championship started. I think we're doing well.

Regarding Kaká, is there a future? In another press conference, you said it was important to recover Sahin as a player and as a financial asset. Why does it feel like the financial aspect is not that important in Kaká's case?

Kaká is the one who could give you a better answer regarding his future, because he knows best what he has in mind, what his intentions and ambitions are. As the coach of all the Real Madrid players, my job is to get the best performance possible out of my players. If Kaká is still a Real Madrid player after August 31st, I'll try and get the best out of him, just as we did last season. We got him to do things that turned out to be critical. That's why we're patiently waiting.

Is Sahin's loan a satisfying operation financially speaking?

I'm not the one who should answer that question. Real Madrid has great management and a president who makes sure to maintain the financial stability of the club, a club that is not ours, it's the club of all the madridistas. And the club cares very much about that stability. Some operations are easier to control than others. Regarding Nuri, his transfer fee, his salary with Liverpool, etc. all that is very much under control. Real Madrid knows what to do and does it very well.

Are Higuaín and Benzema going to start one in two games all season long?

No, no, no, it's not going to be a rule. It won't be that way, that's for sure. When only one of the two plays, it's because I made a decision based on certain aspects, it has nothing to do with making one of them happy one day and the other one the other day. This is not what I'm concerned about, as a coach. I pay attention to their physical form and to choose the best fit for a given situation. My calls will be successful sometimes, and some other times they won't, but I'll always try to keep certain aspects in mind.

About Getafe

I saw them play against Sevilla and I liked what I saw, which is not new. I like their coach, I've been saying so ever since I started coaching in Spanish Liga. I think they have quality in all aspects of their game. They're well organized, they play aggressively, they're good at counterattacking, they're good on set pieces, they have a lot of tall players and many players who have more or less the same level.

About Morata's situation

He's a first team player. When Castilla asks for him to play in Liga Adelante, we always make a decision based on our situation. For their match against Villarreal, they didn't ask for him to play. For today's match, they did, but since he will be on the bench with us tomorrow, it's not possible. Every time Castilla wants him to play and we are not using him, it's a good thing for Castilla and for the player himself that he goes and play with them.

Would you like it if you could rely on as many players from la Fábrica as Barça does with la Masia?

The more young players, the better. The more players "made in Real Madrid", the better. Now, I don't like the way you asked the question. Because the other day somebody said he liked to form players, not to buy them, and he won the Champions once and had 4 very good canteranos: Koeman, Romario, Stoichkov and Laudrup. These were 4 really good canteranos.

About Modric

I don't talk about players from other teams. Ask Tottenham to talk about him.

About what the Catalan press says and whether Valdés is a better goalkeeper....

I don't think anything about it.

(Check the video for the last question in English.)

----------------------------
    Ronaldo in training, you can actually hear him talking with Albiol. Sorry about the shake, took a test shot with the normal camera, no tripod:

Here's another short one from training:

I'm going to upload more videos and photos as we get them sorted

Cheers!

Shay Z, LosMerengues89, 9Qui and 7 others repped this.
  2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Another good thread.

Hope you keep it up.

3. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice thread. Let's get the W and start the roll.

4. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I expect Marcelo to start this one. Mou will want Fabio for the Barce game.

Arbeloa.........Pepe...........Ramos...........Marcelo

...................Sami.............Alonso

Di Maria................Ozil.....................Ronaldo

.........................Higuain

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. :ROFLMAO:

6. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  7. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Blondie played a "perfect" game against Barca? If anyone needs further proof that the man's word can't be taken at face value then look no further than this, I mean come on I understand the need/desire to protect your player but let's keep it within the realm of reality here :laugh:

Give me a break Mou and just start Marcelo :thumbsup:

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  8. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha, Jose did kinda own Cruyff there.

9. madridismoorg

madridismoorg Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Madrid
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Some photos from today's (saturday) training:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

sleepyvato50 and 4x4s repped this.
  10. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Whenever we play Getafe, one game comes to mind. The amazing game of 2009 where Pepe almost killed a guy, Guti scored a golazo in the 85th', Casillas saved a penalty after Pepe's outburst and Higuain scored in the end with an amazing run.

11. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^yes I watched that whole clip, and yes I got goosebumps a few times during it. Couple thoughts:

-even if the squad wasn't as stacked with talent, I feel much stronger towards that team than this one. Probably the Raul/Guti factor plus the early Higuain/Marcelo/Gago excitement.
    -this was before the players gave up on Ramos, right?
    -Marcelo was getting crazy, but not sure he wanted to truly see Diaz...that fool got crazy eyes.
    -Granero was having a laugh with that mop on his head.
    -Drenthe
    -I do miss Raul, but man I really miss Guti. Not very many characters on this current squad. Reflection of Jose and Floro maybe? More of a professional atmosphere?
    -Was Sneijder hurt at that point in the season, or had he been subbed already in that match?
    -Wonder what Gago and Gonzalo's relationship is now? How was Gago received last week, I know I saw he and Lass having some laughs.

12. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ^To add to that, what has happened to Pipita's pace...I guess that injury has really taken it out of him, I remember him a very speedy striker.

Incredible match though, it's a different Real Madrid side now, one which is capable of delivering the goods more than that one but not so sure about the character and excitement.

natenate101 repped this.
  13. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nice thread!

14. johnbarley

johnbarley Member

Aug 15, 2012
    CR needs to start scoring ASAP. Messi only needs 14 more goals to match his total club goal tally. No more sulking and sending in free kicks into the box. He needs to start unleashing his long range shots and making free kicks again.

15. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    I agree, this one league game without scoring nonsense needs to end today! The nerve of some players, letting Messi of all people come close to matching his Club goal tally.

16. johnbarley

johnbarley Member

Aug 15, 2012
    I realize you're being sarcastic but when was the last time we saw a CR long range goal or a FK? His game has gotten too passive.

17. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    You're a lot smarter than we initially thought then.

18. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    This shiny Portugeezer just can't win I see because as soon he starts unleashing long-range shots or whips a couple FKs into orbit you'll probably start complaining about how selfish he is. why don't we just let him find his feet and see how it goes? Even with a "passive" game I think he'll still manage to be in the thick of things when it counts somehow.

19. johnbarley

johnbarley Member

Aug 15, 2012

Drawing against Valencia which is a second rate team which just lost a bunch of key players and who's 2 best players are injured is not acceptable. A lot of the blame has to be put on CR for being too passive. He didn't try to take them game over at all.

20. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Oh dear....:(

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wat? What key player did they lose? Who's injured? (srs question)

22. johnbarley

johnbarley Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Are you kidding? They lose their best players every year, the most recent being Jordi Alba. Their two best players, Banega and Canales, are both injured. RM fans live in the clouds sometimes, srly.

23. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    RM fans live in the clouds sometimes indeed :laugh:

24. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We're still on the first page and this thread is already going tits up. Sigh...:rolleyes:

Anyway, hoping to see us shake off a little more of the rust that we carried into the start of the season. A little more sharpness and focus would be greatly appreciated.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Alba is totally replaceable for what Valencia are going for. Ever Banega started 13 games in total last season. Canales started 7. Do you even watch them? Banega will be sold as soon as he can walk straight post injury.