Get Ready For Crouch and 4 random African players-Transfer News

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by The Double, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Assuming Carrick could be had for straight cash of 10 million, not sure I'd take it given the emergence of Thudd. I'd rather see the club buy a young athletic player like Sissoko, someone that can partner with either Wilson or Thudd, or come off the bench for either.

2. Spur_Forever

Spur_Forever Member

Oct 1, 2005
    DC
    Anderson wants to quit Manure, apparently: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...Anderson-quit-Old-Trafford-article129305.html

Forget Carrick -- if Anderson's available, the club should make a cheeky bid for him! At 18 million ManU way overpaid, imo -- I'd pay 8 mil, maybe 10. It'll be interesting to see how much of that they'll be looking to recover.

He could be a good replacement for Jenas (athleticism and mobility), while also doubling as cover for Wilson (a bit of steel). And we have enough creativity on the wings to play them both at the same time.

Having said so much, I doubt that old red nose will sell to another English team... But it's worth a try, depending on how desperate Utd are to get rid of him. If the rumors are true about the bust-up, though, Anderson is out of there -- remember Jaap Stam? Another thought is that Utd. may be willing to deal with us as a way to offset some of the Berbatov debt.

3. chanman83

chanman83 Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See ya Chimbo...again and please don't come back

Blackburn and Tottenham agree a fee in excess of £2m for Spurs full-back Pascal Chimbonda. (Sky Sports News, 1120 BST)

4. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I assumed the Hutton to Everton gossip was true and it'd be him that's leaving.

Much rather keep him, sell Chimbo & loan out Naughton.

5. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We don't really need Chimbonda, didn't see the point in signing him in january.

6. chanman83

chanman83 Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Duh we needed to fill our French quota! :D

7. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Tottenham's have had their loan offer for Le Havre midfielder Kevin Anin rejected by the French club. (L'Equipe)

Brazilian side Internacional have rejected a £14m bid from Tottenham for midfielder Sandro. (The Indepentent)

Spartak Moscow have made a £10m offer to re-sign Tottenham striker Roman Pavlyuchenko. (The Mirror)

Greek champions Olympiakos are ready to take Tottenham forward Giovani dos Santos on loan. (Daily Star)

From the BBC thursday gossip column

8. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    The times have 'Arry wheeling & dealing.

9. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. chanman83

chanman83 Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From BBC Gossip Column for Friday

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is keen to swoop for former Portsmouth midfielder Sulley Muntari from Inter Milan, using Jermaine Jenas as bait to lure the Ghana international.

Meanwhile, Redknapp has been told only a cash bid will persuade French club Le Harve to part with midfielder Kevin Anin.

Birmingham are tracking Spurs midfielder Jamie O'Hara as an alternative should their £2.5m move for Sporting Gijon's Michel fall through.

The Magpies are discussing a deal for Tottenham left-back Gareth Bale on a season-long loan, but the Championship side are only prepared to pay a small percentage of the left-back's wages.

Toffees boss David Moyes also wants Atletico Madrid's Netherlands international defender Johnny Hettinga, as well as Celtic midfielder Scott Brown. Moyes is also keen to take Tottenham midfielder David Bentley on loan.

11. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  12. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
  13. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
  14. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    £4 million, how on earth does Levy do it.

15. Mr Tips

Mr Tips Member

May 10, 2006
    Philadelphia; 138
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    good deal on KPB......not sure how I feel about letting O'Hara out on loan. He's been such a good utility player. Guess they're going to give him his chance to be more than just that. Would imagine that Harry has a more effective replacement lined up if this is actually going to go through.

16. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Didn't we buy him for more in the first place?

anyhow £4m is good business

17. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    And as for O'Hara, I'd rather we keep him, he's a nice squad player to have around in my opinion.

18. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    O'Hara is a key sub, must not be allowed out on loan. Currently we are very thin on DM cover for Wilson.

19. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think O'hara's loan is a good move, in the long term. He needs to get regular playing time, which he cannot at Spurs. He is young, and only has potential. Can you imagine a 3-5-2 with Some form of Hudds, O'Hara, and Wilson in the middle? Quite daunting IMO.

20. electrickeeper

electrickeeper The Ginger Pele
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He signed a 4 year contract before he was shipped off, so we are definitely going to keep him in the long run.

I imagine Pompey said they would only pay £4m for KPB if they got JO'H on loan.

21. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  22. rbpierce

rbpierce Member

Jul 19, 2008
    los angeles, ca
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    well, it appears that he has gone out on loan which can only be an indication that the deal for Sandro will get done or that the team sees someone else being able to provide cover at DM. Personally, I still think Corluka is capable in that regard (with Hutton slotting in at RB) and when the health of our CBs improves, he would do quite nicely if Palacios needs a rest. All the same, its probably more of an indication that someone else will be brought in (most likely Sandro).

23. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I loved the comment speculating there was a typo and Redknapp is bringing in his missus SandrA. After all, she's a better header of the ball than Bent (and Keane too, on the basis of the Liverpool game) :D

24. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Jaime going out cause we have GDS who has got to be on the bench and also we have Hudds, wilson, jenas when he comes back, and also bostock who could see some time. I like the team and the way its shaping up.

25. Spur_Forever

Spur_Forever Member

Oct 1, 2005
    DC
    I wouldn't go so far as to say that I like that Jaime is gone, but I see your point about GDS -- and it was my reasoning too. As things stand, GDS is our backup on the left of midfield.