Get Ready For Crouch and 4 random African players-Transfer News

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by The Double, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Have at it.

2. LedleybetterthanSol

Jun 16, 2004
    Gold Coast/Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Re: Transfer News

Not a particularly inspiring title, Double... :D

As for Beckham to Spurs, hell no!

3. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
  4. Mr Tips

Mr Tips Member

May 10, 2006
    Philadelphia; 138
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union

yeah, it's agent talk, but I'd have no problem making that move at the right price. take the cash and get someone that's actually big enough to play in the premier league.

5. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

I don't think Modric has a problem playing the BPL. He has already shown it many times that he can keep his balance quite well. Compare him to Lennon and Fabregas, i don't think both of them are bigger than Modric, but both are doing pretty well.

We signed him under the nose of all the big clubs and he is on a 6 years contract. I will be very disappointed if we sell him in the summer.

6. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver

Fixed.

7. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

Lennon commits till 2014

The same as Modric and Corluka. Looks like they will be our foundation for our future XI.

8. electrickeeper

electrickeeper The Ginger Pele
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Result!

Big news!

9. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe now we can find a buyer for that shit on the bench Bentley. So glad Lennon is staying for a while and I have no idea why Modric's agent is coming out and saying this nonsense. What is wrong these agent's. I can only think that if we don't get Europe it will be really tough to keep Modric.

10. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Modric is on contract till 2014. Unless our chairman decides to take business into his own hands, there is no hurry for us to sell him even if he wants to leave. Modric has age on his side, he will still be ok without CL for at least the next 2 years. Maybe then he will consider his future if we don't make any progress.

11. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    thats not his agent saying those things its just more tabloid bull crap..modric is not going anywhere and is very happy at spurs..

12. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Easy there Hauler. Bentley is actually very talented and in his transition from the very structured roles of Blackburn to the whirlwind of change at Tottenham--and our omnipresent lack of aerial targets--Bentley had a rough year. Consider also that he spent much of the offseason unfocused bucking for a move, then the horror that was Ramos and the pre-season that included Berbatov and Keane and a season start that did not, then the coaching transition ... and last but not least the constant forcing of a round peg into a square hole by Redknapp in an attempt to get Bentley onto the pitch anywhere except his obvious position of RW ... and it's not really any wonder that the incumbant and very talented Lennon was first choice for the spot.

Don't take that fiasco of a season (which is still continuing) as a true indication of his ability or value. That would be most naiive.

Look at Bentley's full body of work and you will see someone who is extremely creative and tremendously adept at feeding an aerial threat center forward. I dare say that if he were to start for Manchester United next year he'd probably have a dozen assists and be valued through the roof, simply because he is that creative. Now, that said, Manchester United don't need him and aren't interested, so that's not going to happen. But, rest assured that good soccer minds in the Prem realize that this season isn't a true reflection of Bentley's ability.

I can assure you that this offseason will be more focused for Bentley than last offseason, regardless of whether he remains a Spurs player or not. David Bentley could well become the new poster child for players who flourish once they leave White Hart Lane ... and if he does, we'll have only ourselves to blame.

People who think Bentley somehow lost all of his talent are just not looking at the circumstances properly. I sometimes wonder if they were the same people who gave up on Modric after 10 games?

-Digital

13. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    lol bentley a creative player lol..the guy is an average player who had one good year at blackurn delivering come nice crosses which he cant even do now because his confidence is shot..he is not a good dribbler..he doesnt have 2 good feet and his technique is average..if spurs were smart they should sell him and cut there losses..he has pace and will track back defensively which most of these midlevel english teams love but as far as creativity he has none..Aaron lennon is so much better then bentley its not even woth discussing..

14. rbpierce

rbpierce Member

Jul 19, 2008
    los angeles, ca
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    repped

15. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do we really have to give him another chance? :p. I'm sure your right Digi but he was a big money signing and I just expect players that come with a big price tag to put up or shut up.

16. electrickeeper

Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ummmm.....

anyone else want this softball?

17. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Its all yours big boy.

18. Merck

Merck Member

May 7, 2007
    Buford, Georgia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    :rolleyes:

19. electrickeeper

Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two words:

Darren Bent (as opposed to David Bentley, who ironically, has the same initials! wow! isn't that weird?!)

Five more words:

Sixteen point five million pounds (as opposed to fifteen million pounds, which is pretty much the same, so if £15m is a big price tag, then £16.5m surely is.)

That's all.

20. AudereEstFacere

Aug 11, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair Darren Bent has scored 15 goals in all competitions. Whether we like it, or him, or not he has been vital to our survival.

Bentley, on the other hand, has scored only two goals and I can't think of anything else he's contributed really, no spectacular assists or anything like that.

Honestly, I don't think it's fair to consider these two to be in the same league of importance to Spurs.

21. electrickeeper

Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not saying Bent hasn't been important this year.

Give Bentley time, is my cry.

22. rbpierce

rbpierce Member

Jul 19, 2008
    los angeles, ca
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    we would be fools not to sell at the right price though (however unlikely it is that we get an offer of that much).

23. electrickeeper

Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed.

If a team offered more than £10m (as unlikely as it is) there should be no hesitation from Levy & Co.

24. AudereEstFacere

Aug 11, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frankly, I'm worried that someone will swoop in and buy Lennon out from under us and we'll have all the the opportunity we need to give Bentley a fair chance.

25. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    He just signed a 2yr extension to his contract. He's here until 2014.