Get FSW Report OFF THE AIR!

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Eggy, Nov 9, 2003.

1. OttawaBear

OttawaBear New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Ottawa, Ontario
    With all due respect to Bobby (who is the lone bright spot on the FSW Report) I'd rather hear from Sir Alex, Arsene or even Steve Bruce being directly being interviewed by Sky Sports about upcoming games, tactics and 'insight' any day!

PS: If we see highlights of the Barcelona game and then the Real Madrid game followed by a screen with the rest of the scores on it can that really be called 'highlights'?????? Ditto for the rest of the major leagues in Europe????

2. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    they can only show highlights to the games they have access to dude. soccer is still a fringe sport here so networks are not willing to spend a lot of money on it so what we get is what the networks can afford to spend. I still like it a hell of a lot more than what we got 10 years ago, which was ZIP.

3. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    The show's OK. A little too much soccer, though.

Jeremy, buddy, when Super 12 comes around again, you need to give me a PM when it comes to the South African highlights. Your ability to pronounce Afrikaans names are shocking. My Afrikaans girlfriend yells at you when you do that. :)

It's Breyton Paulse (paul-SUH, as in Sullivan), and Enrico Januarie is Enrico (yun-yoo-air-ee). I think I've also heard you pronounce Cronje literally, it's Cron-yeeh.

4. ghazi

ghazi Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Nobody;s taking FSW Report from me without a serious fight. hell, I dont even watch Sportscenter on ESPN anymore, but I always catch the Report.

3 months of watching that show when it debut'd and I was knee-deep in soccer knowledge and ongoings.

I love the highlights and the fact that various leagues are covered, with preference for the EPL which is the league we mostly follow the most religiously.

Sky Sports News has no highlights and is so fekkin' mundane.

Jeremey - keep it up, brother. I love the show. Next time you're on give a shout out to Ghazi and the BigSoccer board. PEACE