Germany's Quest to Not Embarrass Itself, the WC26+NL24-25 Thread

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, May 21, 2024.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have to say a LOT of the Euro 2024 thread is veering towards post Euro 2024 aspects and questions too. I'm also to blame for that too as I also bring up loads of things that is basically for post Euro. So at this point, might as well make a new thread.

WC 2026 is hosted by USA, Canada, and Mexico in what is the 1st 3 host tourney. Its also the 1st EXPANDED WC too......so we don't have to worry about DNQ, LOL.

what we know is that Nagelsmann is expected to be our coach for this tourney as he recently extended his contract. He seems safe to keep the job as long as he doesn't go out in GS MIN. Although feel like if he we go out in R16 could be axed.

but before the WCQ we have NL next season its back everybody's favorite irrelevant tourney......although irrelevant we should win it once MIN to claim ALL Titles.

so what type of squad does one see for WC26 or even come Fall 2024 NL.

for one we could see Neuer, Muller, Kroos, Gundo all retire from NT in Summer. I think Gundo is only one from the 4 who MIGHT stick around post Euro.

BorisG and saj7866 repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm sure people would have been pissed if I posted.

"The Real this time, no joke, Reboot thread."

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

don't blame me if we got
    -a reboot thread version 1.......with Low saying that he will change things up....but you can't really have a reboot with same coach
    -a 2nd reboot thread version 2 with Flick..............who played and made same decision as Low

:whistling::x3::oops::rolleyes::(;)

to be fair, Reboot thread 1 was made AFTER WC18 distaster and expectations was that Low would get fired. So him staying on screwed over the whole point of the title, LOL.

saj7866 repped this.
  3. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This EURO will likely see off the last vestiges of that World Cup 2010/EURO 2012 generation, aside from possibly Ilklay. I'm excited to move forward though. The future of this team belongs to Wirtz and Musiala, so I'd be very interested in how we can optimize those two. I'd anticipate that Ilklay and then Pavlovic will take over the Kroos role on the team and we can go from there.

saj7866, Stanislaw and Ger90 repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't forget to add this guy!!!!

there are loads of promising LB, M, AM/W, CF that are emerging. Majority of the promising Ms are from 04-onwards too. We are like around 1 year away from Ouedraogo jumping to top club in 1BL.

2 years is loads of time for talents to fully emerge as well. Gonna be interesting times to see.

and yeah because we will be basically done with guys from early 2010s there will be more room for new players.

BorisG and saj7866 repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

saj7866 repped this.
  6. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Gündoğan sticking around will IMO depend on what happens in the Euro.

If Germany end the 28 year wait for their fourth Euro, then I suspect he will retire from NT duties, as he stated in an interview prior to the 2022 World Cup that he wanted to spend as much time as possible with his son and wanted to win silverware with the NT which he has yet to do.

saj7866 and Ger90 repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

saj7866 repped this.
  8. AdiD

AdiD Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Flick should go for Dantas istead one more time ;)

dips82, Alex C and saj7866 repped this.
  9. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Such a shame he's injured. He could have been a Baller coming off the bench.

BorisG and Alex C repped this.
  10. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hahaha you got that right :p:D - that reboot thread x 2 brings shivers to me, we did so bad all these years
    Hopefully we can get some new vibes ....