Germany to Host the UEFA Euro 2024

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Sep 27, 2018.

1. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We really rely this year for Wirtz, Musiala and Havertz to be on fire !!!! Hope the youngsters are up to it.

It’s Kroos job to make sure they shine .

ShadowX and Ger90 repped this.
  2. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    To be fair I haven’t seen enough of Stuttgart play this year so to be honest not sure how good Undav or Fuhrich really are or their playing style.

their stats look good .

Ger90 repped this.
  3. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #5303 BorisG, May 17, 2024
    Last edited: May 17, 2024
    If Beier gets sent home our average age goes up to 28.3 years - oldest team ever

and our starting 11 is 28.5 years average for sure lots of experience with 3 youngsters as our surprise

Ger90 repped this.
  4. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I do agree we are somewhat lacking in pace or players that can potentially be game changers that offer something off the bench, certainly the likes of Werner or Gnabry if they'd been fit or Adeyemi or Beste could have offered that. Gruda with his dribbling and technical flair too. I really hope Beier isn't the player that gets cut as we then will have even less attacking variety/options.

We are going to need Wirtz, Musiala & Sane to all bring their best form and stay fit for the duration, and also hope that Fuhrich can show his Stuttgart form at international level.

saj7866, Ger90 and BorisG repped this.
  5. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I do rate Kane very much , and its obviosue why he leads the Torjager Kanone , but wonder if a Undav, Beier or Flukrug would have led the attack at Bayern if they would have scored respectivley more goals than the 18-15-12 they scored this season?

saj7866 and Ger90 repped this.
  6. ShadowX

ShadowX Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Germany
    Sep 7, 2020
    Good info. Thanx.

Glad to hear that both Beier and Woltemade are progressing career-wise. Like I said in an earlier post I was very impressed with Woltemade when he played for the under-21 NT, but isn't he more of an AM? I wonder though if Leverkusen is the best place for Beier with both Boniface and Schick ahead of him.

saj7866, Ger90 and Ator repped this.
  7. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

"We will go to the European Championship with four goalkeepers," says Nagelsmann. "Why? I see it as important in training to control the workload."

Personally I would prefer us to have extra depth at CB (Koch) or CF (Beier), I mean in the past 3 GK's for a tournament was always enough and workload was never an issue?

saj7866, ShadowX and Ger90 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #5308 Ger90, May 17, 2024
    Last edited: May 17, 2024
    I think its still open what will be his position long term, he's either AM or CF, he's not a CM and not a W.

it can go either way, he needs to improve in certain areas if he wants to go full on CF, this was his 1st real 1BL season as well. Time will tell, he looks to be getting better and better, needs to go for and dominate the air, he's shown can do it and taller than almost every CB-GK.

and Stuttgart does play a lot of Undav+Guirassy together in XI with Guirassy linked out of club as well. So chances are we could see Undav+Woltemade next season.

saj7866 and ShadowX repped this.
  9. Jordan Khamra

Jordan Khamra Member

May 21, 2014
    I think it is a good and balanced squad. I would have taken three goalkeepers, left out Beier (it's too early for him), and included Brandt and Adeyemi instead. Adeyemi has been playing well. If he shines during the Champions League final, which I think he will, Nagelsmann might question not taking him.

saj7866, Ger90, BorisG and 1 other person repped this.
  10. ShadowX

ShadowX Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Germany
    Sep 7, 2020
    Exactlty.

saj7866, Ger90 and BorisG repped this.
  11. ShadowX

ShadowX Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Germany
    Sep 7, 2020
    I call TOTAL BS on what Nagelsmann said. For whatever reason he doesn't want Goretzka or Brandt in the squad and with their recent performances and squad size increase it's hard to justify not including them. Maybe they bring a psychology of underperforming at the highest level or something else that he sees, but I think that 4 GK stuff is hogwash.

saj7866, Ger90, rj123 and 1 other person repped this.
  12. marcellsas

marcellsas Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München

13. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Neuer with a lot of problems in the last weeks. It's mind-boggling we have this problem now on this position.

14. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Looks like Pavlovic's injury is not too bad, and his Euro participation shouldn't be in doubt.

saj7866, Ger90, BorisG and 4 others repped this.
  15. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Player of the season Budesliga - Wirtz!!!!!!!!! I think he derves that one.

saj7866, BVBFNM, Alex C and 1 other person repped this.
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    give it to the Bayern's D, LOL.

saj7866 and Alex C repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    on topic of Neuer, I think he needs to retire soon. This needs to be his last tourney. We don't need a 40 y/o GK at WC26. Time to think about future whether Bayern or NT.

saj7866, BorisG, BVBFNM and 2 others repped this.
  18. Gibraldo

Gibraldo Member+

radnicki nis
    Serbia
    Nov 17, 2005
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    yesterday, I noticed that the knock out matches are starting at 6 pm and 9 pm CEST on each day.

Didn't UEFA calculate in the superlong added times nowadays?

let us assume tha afternoon match has +10 in the first half and +10 in the second half then it is:

6 pm kick off
    6.55 end of 1st half
    7.10 start of 2nd half
    8.05 end of 2nd half

then with 30 min of extratime in case of a draw with +5 overtime together in both halfs

8.10 beginning of extratime
    8.45 end of extratime

then only 15 minutes left for the preparation of the PSO and the PSO itself.

Conclusion: stupid not to have an intervall of 4 hours between the match kick offs.

19. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    On that - where is our youngest talent pool coming from in regrads to Goallies.

Nubel is also already 27, where is our our new Neuer when he was 25 he moved to Bayern. basically took over the No1 at Schalke when he was 20 and became german no 1 at the gae of 24 and won the world cup at 28.

Where is our new young wunderkind german Goallie at 20- 22 years old.

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you can't really look at it like that. GK is a position that is about openings in teams if there are no openings or already have a GK of decent age at #1 your young GK ain't gonna emerge. Even Neuer and ter Stegen brokethrough because mass injuries or every other GK flopped hard. Imagine 2 world class GKs only brokethrough due to others making way not because they were highly rated. Its a position that's all about opportunity and once you get it, you can't let it go for a second.

GK is also a position where clubs 100% block young GKs because they don't want to integrate so they pounce on transfer market instead to avoid having to play 0 experienced GKs, which makes breakingthrough even harder.

this season we've had 96-Nubel, 98-Dahmen and 02-Atubolu all emerge as #1s in 1BL. Next season with Kiel getting promoted to 1BL, 99-Weiner will play his 1st 1BL season.

as for your question there are a lot of young GKs emerging in 2BL-1st Abroad like
    98-Raab (2BL), 99-Hoffmann (2BL), 99-Kristof (2BL), 00-Krahl (2BL), 00-Mantl (Danish 1st loan), 00-Fruchtl (Austrian 1st), 01-Ramaj (Eredivisie Ajax), 03-Ernst (2BL), 03-Urbig (2BL), 04-Backhaus (Eredivisie loan)

so the bulk of the young GKs breakthrough=2BL-1st Abroad level.

like almost every player here emerged as #1 THIS season too. I think only Fruchtl emerged earlier. And a lot of them are linked with higher level transfers too. Others only time until they go higher. Not saying I rate them all either but just to show emerging GKs.

next season could see more emerge as 00-Heekeren, 01-Reichert, 02-Gebhardt (his club are gonna play 2BL Promotion Playoff), 03-Schenk, 03-Noll, 04-Weiss are all linked to potentially become #1s in 2BL. Time will tell if any become #1 or if more names emerge in 2BL-1st Abroad over Summer.

one of the most promising GKs in Germany 05-Seimen got promoted to Stuttgart II in 3rd Liga for next season. So he's gonna be a pro GK next season, Seimen is seen as Nubel's successor at Stuttgart too and expected to become #1 in Summer 2025 or Summer 2026 when Nubel goes back to Bayern.

there are loads more of interesting GKs but currently in 3rd Liga-RL-U19 etc. This season so plenty of young GKs impressing from 06 Age Group for example, Schlieck, Schmitt, Babatz all performed very very well in UEFA Youth League and Heide is contender to emerge as #1 in 3rd Liga next season, impressed in 2/2 XIs too. These 4 are also the same GKs involved in Germany U17's double trophy wins too aka U17 Euro+U17 WC and all of them have shown PK saving skills too. Bunch of others like 05-Wechsel, 05-Goller, 05-Podlech etc are all seen as future #1s by their 2BL clubs too. And list can go on and on, LOL.

but when you see players like Atubolu, Ernst, Urbig, Backhaus, Seimen etc (already 25% of this list is 1BL #1) you can see that younger GKs are emerging or getting closer to 1BL. Imagine Gebhardt, Schenk, Noll, Weiss also emerge as #1s in 2BL next season. And then others like Ramaj already play for top club and already linked with higher transfer.

saj7866, Alex C and BorisG repped this.
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    so Toni Kroos announces retirement after Euro 2024. Hopefully we don't end his retirement in disgrace........

I think this needs to also be the last tourney for Neuer and Muller.

22. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    thanks GER90....

OK makes me feel better - also remember Kahn though started at Bayern at 25 years old as well ... So was just hoping we have another big one coming through as Neuer should now move on soon.

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    according to reports Nubel is Neuer's successor and hopefully he pans and then he gets replaced by another German GK down the line.

issue is that Nubel is currently the only German GK who could replace Neuer. Everyone else is either not good enough for Bayern level or too big of a jump at this point in time.

saj7866 and BorisG repped this.
  24. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Stefan Ortega, 2nd keeper of Manchester City, 22 years old.

saj7866 and ShadowX repped this.
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ortega is 31 y/o he's part of that Leno, Trapp, Baumann, ter Stegen bracket age wise.

saj7866, BorisG and BVBFNM repped this.