Germany to Host the UEFA Euro 2024

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Adeyemi and Samardzic could be other candidates in 4 years and ton more too.

Alex C repped this.
  2. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I actually went to some of threads when we started them like 2017 .. and just read some of the comments we had - we had huge hopes for Rudiger and Tha

Alex C repped this.
  3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    “I have had a lot of time to think during the past year in the pandemic, regardless of the Spain match. I decided to think hard about my future. Where are we standing? What do I want? For me personally this summer is the right moment to pass the baton to another coach,” Löw said (as captured by DFB.de). “The change that we have introduced is absolutely the right move. I know that our players still lack experience, but I know that they have unbelievable potential and quality. I am absolutely convinced that the young generation of players will reach their full potential in perhaps 2024 with the tournament in our own country. I was at the 2006 World Cup. What we experienced there was enthusiasm from both the team and from society. It created memories. New journeys, new ways of thinking. That should be the case in 2024 again.”

Löw thinks 2024 is monumental chance for Germany to show off its rebuilding plan in front of its home fans.

“A tournament in your own country can generate so much. I don’t see myself in this position in 2024 anymore. The change should not hinder the team; a new coach has sufficient time now,” said Löw. “This opportunity should also be given to coaches and players. I came to acknowledge this and arranged a discussion with Oliver Bierhoff and later with my coaching team and the DFB President. I also wanted to make the announcement before the upcoming international fixtures, so that we can focus fully on those.”

BorisG repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    2024 would have been Low's 20th involved with dfb.

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Flick is our coach for this tourney,
    Flick: "I'm really looking forward to it" Hansi Flick says: "It all went surprisingly quickly for me with the signature, but I am very happy to be able to work as national coach from autumn. The season has just ended and the two years at Bayern Munich are helping The team spirit and the attitudes of the players were outstanding, and I'll take a lot with me that will continue to shape my work. I'm really looking forward to it, because I see the great quality of the players, especially the young players in Germany. That's how we have it every reason to approach the upcoming tournaments, for example the home European championship 2024, with optimism. In addition, I know from best experience that in Oliver Bierhoff I have a strong, trustworthy partner at my side and which professionals work in the team behind the team, so that the team, we coaches and the staff can get started without a long start-up period. I'm also looking forward to sharing my ideas and ideas about the national team in the A academy and the other national teams. The important thing now is not what will happen in September - I will contact you in detail in August - but the upcoming European Championship, for which I wish Jogi Löw, Marcus Sorg, Andy Köpke and the team the greatest possible success. Jogi Löw has more than deserved a great end to his career as national coach. "

BorisG and Blueberry_night repped this.
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Löw: "I think that some players will develop and learn from this. We can expect a lot at the next European Championship at home in 2024, some players will be at a high level by then."

7. Aderthan

Aderthan Member+

Schwarz weiss essen
    Germany
    Nov 17, 2020
    Lol. So a wc disgrace, nations league spanking, n.macedonia..why he never learn something from all that?

Ger90 repped this.
  8. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    But now that EURO 2020 is nearing its end, 2024 you guys are hosting it...your first major tournament hosting since 2006

Ger90 repped this.
  9. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I reckon with abit of tinkering with the formation and personnel we can have a real assault on next year's world cup

Alex C, Ger90 and Ofori repped this.
  10. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Yeah with Flick managing that I have no doubt about

11. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    this team look terrible

Ator, Alex C and Ger90 repped this.
  12. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    According to reports, as well as kroos, Muller, gundogan, Hummels are all considering their international futures.

Ger90 and Ofori repped this.
  13. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol, that is shocking

Ger90 and BorisG repped this.
  14. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    I hope they all retire...bring in younger players to take their spots

Ger90 repped this.
  15. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We need Hummels and Muller. Gundogan is still a top quality player too, in the right system. Kroos quitting is probably the right time for him, and it opens the door to the midfield being built around Kimmich and Goretzka.

I don’t want any more players to quit/get ruled out, the squad should be selected on merit, ie the best performing players in a system that plays to their strengths. Age is irrelevant. If younger players want to break in they need to outperform the older players at club level, and then when they get their chance in the NT.

lamcam, Ger90 and Ofori repped this.
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    will Tiago Dantas get German passport in time for this tourney?:whistling::x3::devilish:

Ofori and Alex C repped this.
  17. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is he switching alliances?

Ofori repped this.
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    no and shouldn't just a joke mock jab at Hansi Flick.

who blocked German M for overrated/average Dantas....who looks like a U14/15 player.

it kills me that Flick had chance to prop up German youth and didn't. And now he's DFB coach. Like you could have boosted careers of future NT players.:rolleyes:

saj7866 repped this.
  19. AdiD

AdiD Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Wish for a hardpressing skillfull team at 2024 with Goretzka and Kimmich in midfield. Baku as right defender running up and down. Moukoko up top getting his breakthrough. A dominant Havertz. A Musiala that makes defenders crumble. Wirtz from the bench that makes a Götze 2014 (10 year after). :)

A team that put the homecrowd in ecstasy with long nights of celebrations.

i know its wishfull thinking and unrealistic but it has to be our aim.

Ger90, dips82, saj7866 and 1 other person repped this.
  20. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Alot of this is possible at world cup next year, as a few have already pointed out we have a nucleus of a fantastic squad who just need CLARITY in tactics and approach

Ger90, dips82 and AdiD repped this.
  21. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It’s funny looking at the projected 2024 squads from 3 years ago, shows how much can change and it isn’t easy to predict how players develop.

Who knows who will rise to prominence in the next 3 years. If the likes of Wirtz, Musiala and Moukoko live up to the hype, players like Dorsch, Baku, Burkardt and Nmecha can establish themselves then we could have an exciting and better balanced squad given how many of the current team will still be in their prime.

Ger90 and saj7866 repped this.
  22. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hope so, I'm really cheesed off from yesterday, still can't get over it.

Ger90, rj123, Ator and 1 other person repped this.
  23. AdiD

AdiD Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    the talent is obviously there. The nationalteam also got a responsibility to build these players confidence. I think the Nationalteam have had huge impact on some players from f eg 2010 and helped them take the last step. It seems to be such small margins who develop to the real deal.

feels like the talent pool these days is perhaps not very broad but sharp.

Ger90 repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

25. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I'd much rather have Berlin hosting the Euro 2024 Final.

Based on what I have witnessed over the years, the Arroganz Arena has a dreadful atmosphere.

Also from a historical perspective I'd like to see the Olympiastadion Berlin continuing to cleanse, heal and rehabilitate its dark legacy, which is also why I believe they should keep pushing for Berlin to be the host city of a potential future Summer Olympic Games, as it would be another step in the right direction.

Ger90 repped this.